Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting a little creak out of the front drivers suspension, usually under moderate braking, just a snap sound, almost like a bushing is binding then releasing. I am planning to have the car up in the air for starter work and just wanted to know where I should look to cure this noise....

·
1966-2013
13,741 Posts
Ball joints or tie rod ends are usually the cause of 'snapping' sounds.

Though ARB couplers can do it too if the bushes are bad and the arm gets some action going.

Prolly wouldn't hurt to look at the castor arm mounts and if at all possible, the lower A-arm bushings.

You know, pretty much inspect the whole front suspension and steering gear, as you wouldn't want the snap sound to become a snapped part when you least expect it.....

·
Registered
219 Posts
I also have a front creaking suspension noise on both driver and pass sides. It is evident on the vertical either on compress or uncompress like when one goes slowly over a speed bump.

It's really noticeable when I push down on either front fender. Hopefully this might only require a bushing change. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, I will give it a look when I am under there.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I have the same issue on my '88. Checked under the car and it seems to be the lower ball joint but not sure. It is not loose. Did you determine what your problem was ?

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I still have not crawled under there yet, I have a Verde transaxle/driveshaft transplant ahead on the list of things to do...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts