Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've discovered that the lower bushing on the left front sway bar end link has completely fallen apart and the upper bushing isn't looking too healthy.

I had planned to rebuild the suspension this coming winter.

Should I do it all now or can the end link bushings be easily replaced without having to take anything else apart?

BTW, I am planning on replacing the shocks and springs during the rebuild. They appear to be the originals.

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
Hey Bob-
If I remember right, you need to buy the whole end link, as they aren't bushed like the older (pre '86) models. I got one from Vick, but I'm sure others carry them. It's an easy task to install, so I wouldn't worry about doing the complete rebuild until the summer driving season is over.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Jeff.

I have the IAP catalog. If I am reading it correctly, it shows the '86 and later model end links as coming without bushings but I will now be sure ask them.

I'm glad to hear that it is a simple stand alone fix. I'll replace both end links and the center bushing.

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
Yeah, what it means is the end link is ready to install and that's why it's more expensive. On my crashed Spider, that one is trashed. The right one is OK as in who knows. What do you mean by center bushing?
I'm rolling over to Tulsa Sat to fine tune the Spica, etc. on that hideous yellow heap you saw on your visit.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
IAP shows a center front sway bar bushing for 69-94 models. I didn't specifically look for one when I was under the car. I'll confirm tomorrow.

And once again AROCOK has scheduled an event that I can't attend. The organizers must have my calendar. Saturday is my parents 65th wedding anniversary. I think that I should probably attend.

·
1966-2013
13,741 Posts
IAP shows a center front sway bar bushing for 69-94 models. I didn't specifically look for one when I was under the car. I'll confirm tomorrow.
That would likely be the ARB to chassis mount bushing, of which there are two.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts