Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have found some Springs which have a free length of 10 inches and a rate of 130Nm ( this equates to 1180 lbf per in old money) - Does anyone have an opinion on their use at the front end of a Giulia Super please? I have no idea of stock rates and sizes, I am looking at lowering the car, and stiffening it up a bit, but not so much it shakes my fillings out!

Would welcome opinions / experiences, and if it is a good option, what I should be looking for at the back end?

Apologies, Im new to 105 series cars although did have an S4 Spider many years ago!

Ed.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hmmm. Nm in a unit of torque. You might mean N/mm (or N/cm or N/m). None of them agrees with 130 -> 1180.
I have my stock Berlina springs and they are 109 N/mm or 622 lb/in. They are 288 mm long. So, if yours are 130 N/mm they could be quite usable.
My set of road and track springs are 229 N/mm and 222 mm long.

The corresponding rear springs for both sets are 48 N/mm and 383 mm and the tuning ones 49 and 335. Sounds odd the stock ones are that stiff. Might be they aren't original or something fishy with my numbers.

Hope this info helps for starters.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's really helpful Fugazi (Fan of the band?) thank you so much. Yes Nmm is what I meant, so this sounds like it will do what I am looking for. The info you have provided for the rears means I should be able to work out something suitable.

Ed.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Good. 130 are a bit stiffer than stock Berlina and Giulia being lighter might have a bit softer still. Definitely worth a try. The ride height can be tuned with spacers.
You can even try them with stock rear springs. The roll center in the back is so high they are not that critical.

My spring set is from a company called Exotron. I think they don't exist anymore. Any Swedish Alfisti must know them and hopefully know if Björn is still going strong?

Fugazi is not from the band but related as it's the name of an album and song.

·
Premium Member
225 Posts
maybe here

or here?

·
Premium Member
23,110 Posts
The Giulia Super technical characteristics publication will show original length and rate, stock. I can dig it out if you don't have it.
Andrew

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have found some writing on the springs i have, looks like 'CA-50116' i have tried googling and nothing comes up, just curious if that code means anything to anyone? Probably not!

·
Registered
6,155 Posts
An old post of mine.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts