Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to finish my first front and rear suspension rebuild on my '76 Spider. Thanks, btw, to everyone who wrote in the many 'front spring removal' threads, and to Vintre for his rear suspension thread... Y'all saved me from losing a lot of blood.

So the next step is to reinstall the front springs (mine are stock) and I have a question. My old spring pans (Which are being replaced) each had two Aluminum Spacers (one thicker, one thinner) stacked between the pan and the bottom rubber buffer. They look like C's and sit right in the channel in the pan. Why are these here, and do I reaaaaally need to put them back in?

My thought is this: I've seen people mention that they like how the shorter 'sport red' springs make the ride height look... I could get a similar effect by leaving these spacers out, right?

I don't want to totally screw anything up by leaving them out, but more than anything I don't want to have to de/recompress those springs twice. Any advice?

Thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I feel foolish...

Sorry guys, upon looking at some other threads I had opened a few days ago when I was looking for 'the threaded rod method' I found a thread that answered all my questions... It even had the same exact title as my thread. Jeez I'm dumb, haha.

:eek:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts