Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I notice this last Summer and had a mechanic look at it........he said not to worry about it, that the springs sometimes move around in the pan and it does not effect anything.

Is this true?

Attachments

·
Registered
what part?
9,995 Posts
i would not worry to much about it..if some day the spring go'es missing.... then worry..

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Think it would change the spring rate being in at an angle or effect how the spring works compared to the other side???

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Think it would change the spring rate being in at an angle or effect how the spring works compared to the other side???
The only potential change is the increase/reduction in leverage over the tyre contact patch if the spring moves laterally - and that's going to be immaterial.

Why is the spring moving, that is a more relevant question. Are the springs too short to be fully captured at full droop? A 'bit' lose is ok, so long as they can't fall out!

Also, is that brake line in danger of being squashed by the bump stop at full droop with some rh lock on?

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The only potential change is the increase/reduction in leverage over the tyre contact patch if the spring moves laterally - and that's going to be immaterial.

Why is the spring moving, that is a more relevant question. Are the springs too short to be fully captured at full droop? A 'bit' lose is ok, so long as they can't fall out!
Well I believe it might have happen when I went off track?

The front suspension was rebuilt before the event so it might have happen during assembly too? It has not moved from it's present location for 2 years.

·
Registered
what part?
9,995 Posts
///// well it's RED spring. perhapes i doe's not like being in a slow black car.. trying to escape?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts