Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am looking for some options and pictures on Alfetta GT/GTV6.

How many differents styles where there? Pictures please!

Thanks,

ncng

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
From my experience, which includes: later Alfetta Coupes thru all GTV6s... I am familiar with two general designs.

1984-'86 GTV6s had the Recaro-style seats with the hoop & mesh head rests. These came in black or tan leather (many variations of the shade of tan from a medium dead brown-thru a light buckskin-to a golden yellow). The Recaro design was also available in a black/charcoal velour fabric. 1984 Maratonas may have had a special treatment (see Balocco below).

1981-'83 GTV6s came in black or blue leather/vinyl. The 1982 Balocco had special red stitching (and perhaps some other unique details?). Later Alfetta Coupes had this plainer seat style, with less side bolstering. This design had a solid head rest (small rectangle, on a movable plywood stalk).

Never owned an early model Alfetta Coupe... so can't comment on if there was a 3rd option.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
They bolted right in my '76 GT. The back seat is now a storage area with 6x9 speakers and room for 4 cases of wine.

These have new upholstery and stuffing. Black fabric with tan vinyl.
The wife and I don't like leather in our cars. Nice in yours.
Cost to re do the seats was $500 4 years ago.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
14,550 Posts
Black pinstripe - original seats in 1985 GTV6

Attachments

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Too bad you are on the opposite side of the continent (I'm in VT)... I have a couple of sets of the newer Recaro-style GTV6 seats ('84-'86). One in the dark tan, and one set in the charcoal velour.

Both of my sets could use a re-skin. But if 'Sideways' source can do that for around $500, you can likely find a set equal to mine, closer to you, to have recovered.

Don't know if that means going to Tijuana, but that sounds like a very good deal. Wish I had a source near me that could accomplish that for under $1000.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts