Alfa Romeo Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Hi everyone,
I have a similar problem with the drivers seat from a 91 L parts car. The electrical system has been canabalised to the point there is no power to the seat. I am planning to have the seat from my 92L driver reupholstered and want use this one in the car while the other is out. Is there a way to jump the wires to make the fore/aft motor move the seat so I can get access to the rear bolts? I seem to remember there was a post about this on the "old site" but can't find it.
Joseph

·
Premium Member
26,810 Posts
Locate 2-wire connector coming out of rug under seat. ground black wire and apply 12-v to purple wire.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Follow Steve’s advice, bud....everything he helped me with was right on target.
I did exactly this jump trick, worked great, but you might need patience what with the random start-stops that seem to plague these motors......stay on it, and it should move for ya. ( unless motor is toast, but in your situation, not likely). Cheers... and thanx again Steve. Got the seat leather repaired, all back in and working great.
Now if we could get rid of winter?

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Motors can seize at their travel limits. As long as the seats are not at the end of the floor track they should move. If they are then the problem is the armature in the motor basically jams the seat against the end of the travel rail. Reversing the current back and forth should get it moving.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts