Alfa Romeo Forums banner

Front Quarter light Frame Mounting.

2K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  Andrew_McCrae 
#1 ·
Hi, when removing the front Quarter light Frame, I put nuts back on lower mount the way they came off. I bagged three m6 x 13 Hex bolts and labelled front Quarter light. Now I've no idea how to put it all back as it would have been before PO and. Parts list only tells me partly.

Any pictures anyone? I definitely don't have the long headed bolt for the top of the frame. I'll be using regular Hex for that.

See less See more
#3 ·
No pic, I’m sorry, but from left to right, IIRC:
  • locknuts to secure the bolt in the right position. The bolt is turned with a screwdriver via a slot in its end
  • Locking nuts for the leg of the quarter vent. The tab on the leg goes where the washer is located.
if in doubt, you do have one in your other door to compare, yes?
the trick is to push the bottom of the leg in/out with thescrew such that the quarter vent and window seal sufficiently. Take care not to adjust the top so far in that the window hits the rubber too hard. Someone here recently broke a window coz of that.

#5 ·
Thanks Ranz & Trich. What confuses me is the size of the notch is huge so that a large washer or plate is needed either side of the notch. Combine this with a locknut and washer the far side of the bracket and the quarter light is pushed out to its max at the bottom. Maybe I'm the window breaker you recall?

Trich, looking at your picture which is the best I've seen I can't understand what's supporting the bolt as I've a large slot in the bracket and no captured nut so on mine it's impossible to support. I have to have a nut and large washer either side. The PO had a standard bolt so I don't even know what hardware I should have other than the 3 things in the parts list.

You've certainly been helpful confirming I'm missing something, I'll continue googling and searching here to get the next jigsaw puzzle piece.

#7 · (Edited)
Thanks Shane, if I read that correct I should not have a huge slot on my chrome frame, now I understand Trich's photo. There should be a captive nut or equivalent. I think it's drivers door off as suggested, followed by drawings and machine shop.

Of course, assumption being that other door is correct. Passengers is missing more than 1 fitting/fixing.

#8 ·
The slot is there as per Trich’s photo. My photo shows the other side

#9 ·
Thanks Shane, Unfortunately I can't see the detail in your photo Blow it any bigger and it's pixelated but from looking at the photos, can you confirm

1. The square nut I see in both photos is physically attached to the frame? I have 2 broken spot welds on the other leg, I suspect this means that the square nut was tack welded to the other leg of the angle?
2. The large washer is welded to the slotted bolt and slips in behind the door bracket?

Both of these together would get the mechanism to work. The bolt would not move in and out as its captured by the bracket but when turned it would act like a leadscrew driving the frame in and out. I'm having to guess all this as I'm trying to work off some photos,

If you can confirm this, I can get this to work but with no welder I'll have to pin a nut onto the bolt with a washer in front, instead of welding a washer. I can make a nut and tap two mounting holes instead of welds. Hopefully this is the final piece of the jigsaw. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.