Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This just started, when I put on my left turn indicators, they quick flash the left rear and the front fog lamp. The right side is normal. When you remove the front turn signal bulb, the fog lamp stops flashing but the rear keeps quick flashing. The bulbs are good, sounds like a ground problem but where to start? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
As I have stated many times before, on an Alfa you can have too little ground, but you can never have too much ground. I have added dedicated ground wires to all my front parking lights, headlights, and to everything in the turnk.

I don't have lamp problems any more.

Robert

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fixed

I always like to follow up after I've sorted something out, no matter how mundane the fix may be... I found the ground for these circuits on the top radiator support, cleaned them up, but it didn't fix the issue. The connector for the front corner lamps is in the cavity inboard of the headlamp. It's an unsealed connector that's exposed to road mist, etc. I cleaned both sides with Deoxit and this got the turn signal working. The bulb socket also needed a bit of fiddling to get it working consistently. I probably should have filled them both with dielectric grease... next time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts