Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you may remember as part of my rebuild I was looking for replacement dust caps for my 71 Spider's front hubs. I found some generics that are exact fits to replace my battered-for-40-years originals. These won't work for concours shows (if the judges remove your wheels and look), but they're $4.99 each and they seal nicely and they don't look like Rocky Marciano's nose.

From Pep Boys generic rack:

Dorman part # 13973 "Ford"

DSCN0447.JPG

·
Registered
65 Posts
As you may remember as part of my rebuild I was looking for replacement dust caps for my 71 Spider's front hubs. I found some generics that are exact fits to replace my battered-for-40-years originals. These won't work for concours shows (if the judges remove your wheels and look), but they're $4.99 each and they seal nicely and they don't look like Rocky Marciano's nose.

From Pep Boys generic rack:

Dorman part # 13973 "Ford"

View attachment 207225
Too bad I paid $12.75 a pop for used cups in Feb...my $2200 89 Quad will never hit Pebble Beach...nice tip. Thanks:)

·
Registered
74 Spider 78 Spider 84 Spider
727 Posts
old thread but thought i'd give some feed back. I just installed the Dorman 13973 cap on my 78 spider. Yes it fits but the cap is a bit taller than the OEM one as can be seen in the OP photo. As I was putting the wheel back on the new dust cap caused the wheel center logo cap to pop off. I will try to hammer/dent down the dust cap end later to allow me to re-install the logo center cap.

It seems the dust cap needed is rather a very common size. there may be other caps that are not as tall that would work better.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts