Alfa Romeo Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Rare front grill Giulia 1600 Bollino Oro, central shield healthy (and this is really hard to find).
withdrawn from sale

Attachments

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Franjo Hi, I was wondering how yet
written to the front grill!!! I answered you in Pm. Ciao. Giorgio

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Hi Franjo, have already been kind I sent Pm, it makes no sense to communicate a price when the price you ask only out of curiosity.
Often ask prices of items but I do not remember ever to have sold something to you!
anyway no problem, I ask 600 € + shipping
Ciao. Giorgio

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Franjo, I'm sorry but I have no additional central parts. as you know the central shield is very fragile and I have never found one healthy. The ideal in my opinion would replicate it (I think I read your post about it). Ciao. Giorgio

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,033 Posts
Grill

Is this the same one you sent me pics of a short while back? The lower heart had a few small booboo's. It's great you are finding these things. Very rare and impossible to find.

·
Premium Member
940 Posts
Is this the same one you sent me pics of a short while back? The lower heart had a few small booboo's. It's great you are finding these things. Very rare and impossible to find.
Bruce, I think that you should buy every grill that come up for sale and hold them for prosperity. Your enthusiasm about respective values is annoying and exhasting. Your stated opinion regarding value does not help buyers and sellers at all and only makes the seller feels that he is losing ground. Unless you have skin in the game you need to stay out.

·
Registered
6,806 Posts
All opinions are welcome here......

Skin in the game only means that an opinion is slanted to either the buy or sale position.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I apologize but I would say my thoughts. Bruce is my dear friend and we met precisely by means of a front grill, it is normal to express an opinion on a object that he in the past searched to. but his opinion (as well as that of everyone else) does not influence the sale price. I have established a price and this price will not be increased just because the front grille appeals to many.It is not serious and is not correct. Anyone who knows me knows that of ABB are not a trader but use the objects that I find to end my restoration not having large economic resources. If I wanted to raise the stakes could place the object at auction on Ebay. I hope google translator has translated well my thoughts.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Giorgio
Grazie per la risposta,se si scopre che parte fatemi sapere per favore.Può essere rotto ma non deformato.Come è la mia lingua italiana (google translator)?
Saluti

·
Premium Member
21,668 Posts
Let's all please be adults here, the moderators note some apparent high feelings here; let's keep it about the Alfa items and not about the people, etc. If you have private things to say, keep them private, don't broadcast them.

Andrew, as moderator.

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,033 Posts
Lionel, you ought to re-read my post. My comment was supportive of my friend finding these rare items and making them available to the community (at whatever price he deems). He was an absolute pleasure to work with giving more than expected. A real true Alfa enthusiast Alfisti. I never questioned his price. In fact the one I bought last time as a spare for me, was sought after by folks here needing one. Your preconceived notion from another errant Alfisti biased your vision here. You have ony reinforced you poor reputation among many Alfisti. I have studied the Giulia market carefully and know its usual pricing. There is always some silly money and some barn finds but they are outliers. You can take or leave my opinions. And refute them with facts. I will make this response public as someone in the past, taking it offline in PM's as I did not want to cloud the sellers reputation, was deemed subversive but you are not selling anything in this thread but crap. So let the games begin. Targa, I sincerely apologize for this fool mucking up your post and my reply in advance. If this does not sell at your price I will buy it and mount it on my living room wall, restored, along with the other beauty. At Euro 600 it is a bargain as they are seling in Europe for Euro 1000. My best, Bruce

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,033 Posts
Andrew, I expect the opportuinity to reply to the miscreant. Unless the mods will allow selected individuals to take sniping cheapshots, tell people they cannot make factual thoiughtful posts and then slink back into the dark without recourse.

·
Premium Member
940 Posts
Bruce,

As you quoted: "You have ony reinforced you poor reputation among many Alfisti."

Neither you or anyone else in this group should ever question my honesty, character or reputation. I have never cheated, stolen, misrepresented, abused, nor taken advantage of no one here or elsewhere and I want to make that abundantly clear to you and everyone else here.

You have truly crossed the line by disrespecting my persona with your innuendos and defamation of my character. Don't go there Bruce.

Lionel

·
Premium Member
21,668 Posts
All of you, just stop on this. Talk about the grille, fine. Other stuff, stop. We'll close the thread otherwise.

Andrew, moderator

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
I just read the whole controversy arose on ABB and are extremely disappointed. Reason why the front grill is not for sale anymore.

·
Premium Member
940 Posts
Bruce,

I pulled the trigger too fast, and I was wrong.

I was quietly negotiating with Giorgio and had a tentative deal when you posted I misread your comment as an unwanted opinion. If you remember, a while back, there was another incident where a fellow listed a similar grill, and you intervened with your opinion of value and rarity. The seller then backtracked when I was likewise trying to negotiate with him offline as it should.
I seldom troll this or any site, and I am not on par with the gossip nor innuendos of past dealings nor I care less.
I hope that such incident serves as a cautionary reminder when someone is trying to sell something here where people should stay clear of any remarks and opinions.

Lionel

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.