Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 1986 Spider came with a Front-end mask from IAP. Most of the installation is pretty obvious, except for the placement of the four metal 'S' hooks. I called IAP, but they don't have instructions for it and none in stock. Does anyone have a .pdf of the installation guide or know where those hooks are to be connected?

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
They hook around the fender openings and around the valance below the front bumper, as I recall. I looked at a Quad to purchase and it had one - you have to unhook the top S hooks to open the hood.

That being said, you should know that if you use one of these and leave it on all the time, it will damage the paint under it because it traps water between it and the paint it covers. I did not buy the Quad I looked at, in part because, while it had a beautiful and expensive repaint job, the paint area under the bra was severly damaged and the entire front of the car needed to be repainted back to the doors; thanks to that damm bra. I would never use one of these unless I was driving a long trip and could remove it as soon as I reached my destination. A car bra should NEVER be left in place constantly.

Robert Hill in Memphis, TN

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There are a number of padded soft metal pieces that attach to the fenders and under the bumper as you state, but I'm still not clear on positioning the 'S' hooks, which go somewhere under the hood.

I don't plan to use it much, but I do have some interstate trips where I think it would be useful for deflecting debris.

·
Registered
585 Posts
The S hooks should hook under the hood..elastic across the underside of the hood across the engine..wheel to wheel. The bra should have flaps that go under the hood to connect them to. Mine has 3 elastics..two from each flap to rear of the hood, and one across the front...all under the hood good luck

·
Registered
9 Posts
I am on the hunt for the printed instructions for installing a factory bra. None of the aftermarket types. This bra has a stamped Alfa Romeo Logo in the center of the bra. I have it nearly on yet it seems as though there are soft metal hooks and velcro'ed straps
That have a specific placement. If anybody has a copy or can get me to a copy I would be very in debt to you. Looks like the example on this Spider!
http://images.classiccars.com/classifieds/474606_16251545_1987_Alfa+Romeo_Spider.jpg

·
Registered
705 Posts
Ummm...the best place to install a mask/car bra is in the dumpster.

Those things are ugly and pointless. Kind of like the plastic slipcovers grandma had on her couch to keep it pretty. What's the point of covering up the car's nose to keep it pretty?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts