Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While In The Process Of Changing The Headlamps In My Car I Decided To Remove And Paint The Bucket Assemblies And Rework Some Poor Wiring Done By A Previous Owner, I Would Like To Replace The Headlamp Retaining Rings (at least two of them), Does Anyone Know Of A Source For Them (I'm thinking that they should be the same as some other alfa model).

-John

Attachments

·
Registered
134 Posts
Montreal; Lancia Fulvia (Series 1); Fiat 1100/1300, they all have 5-3/4'' headlights.
I have the complete Lancia headlight buckets in my JZ.

But why not go to a Chevy dealer, the Chevy A-body cars also had 5-3/4'' headlights Klick here chances are they will also fit. And why not get some cheap sealed beam headlights :wink2:

·
Premium Member
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks For The Info. Those Chevy Headlamp Retainers Look Like They Might Fit & The Price Is Right. What Usually Happens To Me Is That I Order The Non-Standard Part & It Doesn't Fit! (so I was hoping someone had already done this). I'm Replacing The Sealed Beam Lamps With Hella On The Low Beams(H4 bulbs). The High Beam Lights I Have Found Use An H1 Bulb (single prong) So I'm Still Trying To Figure That One Out.

·
Premium Member
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I Finally Finished Upgrading The Lights On My JrZ, I Decided Not To Try The "chevy" Retainers (I think the mounting lugs are 120 degrees apart and will not work), For Now I Decided To Media Blast The Retainers And Paint Them Semi-Gloss Black, OKP Parts In Germany Does However, List Them Online And I Will Order A New Set For The Future, I Also Looked Into How To Mount The H1 High Beam Lights Without Modifying The Wiring Harness, I Found That Honda Made Various Cars (I ordered parts for a 1998 Honda Prelude) With H1 Lights And Supplied An Adapater (see photo) To Fit Two Wire Recepticles (like the JrZ), I Had To Grind Down The Prongs To Fit.

-John

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts