Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok easy question!

I understand Destro is right and Sinestro is left...so does Destro go on the right side of the car?

The reason I ask this is because the sinestro Giulietta drum has left handed threads for studs...My vintage Ferrari 1962, has left handed Hub's on the right side of the car and right handed Hub's on the left side...

So which is it! ?

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I understand that the knock off spinners are rotating same axis as the spindle and they wanted to be sure the spinner would not come loose.

So I'm guessing that the destro drum with right handed studs goes on the right...and sinestro to the drivers side because of the four lug nuts.

just making sure.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Hi HUD,

sinistra = left = LHS = LH thread

destra = right = RHS = RH thread

Ferraris always were different - part of their charm, either that or someone swapped the drums :)

Chris

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks.

The thing that was throwing me off is the left handed thread on the spindle for the wheel bearing. I'm just use to left handed threads on the right side of the car!

·
Registered
707 Posts
Todd,
It is possible to have the spindle/uprights mixed up.
RH passenger side of the car should have the wheel bearing nut threaded the same as the wheel studs.
I have found cars with 2LH and 2RH studs in the same hub so don't be surprised if parts have been mixed up over the last half century. DB

·
Premium Member
21,688 Posts
I had a Sprint some years ago that was similarly mixed up. RH threads were on the left, LH threads on the right, both front and rear.

Andrew

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Thanks guys...

So Dave, I will put the Destro drum on the right side of the car with the 4 right handed wheel studs. I will also use the king pin with the right handed threaded spindle on that same side.

btw, both cars are at Skips and I will be there Saturday with the front suspension I'm working on!
Todd

1 - 7 of 7 Posts