Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone please let me know the distance the edge of the aluminum clamps need to be from the edge of the glass. If someone can measure the distance and let me know that would be great. I have no reference point on my newly polished windows and I need to glue the clamps back on...... Thx S

·
Registered
443 Posts
Steve- IIRC, you position the window in it's track and raise/lower till the bottom edge of the glass can be seen through the little access holes or "windows" on the inner door sheet metal you can make a mark defining the left/right position needed for the glue on clamp. Take the window out, glue on the clamp according to your witness marks, William is your mom's brother !

·
Registered
443 Posts
Oh yeah, I used a couple of vinyl-tipped spring clamps to hold the glass in the desired position while working on door 'innards.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So what happens if you don’t have the doors to hand as they are at the body shop and you want to get as much done before the car comes back ! ? Can you only position the clamps when the glass is in the door? Surely the position is the same “more of less” for every car. I can’t imagine the measurement is that critical that it is unique for every vehicle?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts