Alfa Romeo Forums banner

Front bumper banana rubber

14K views 92 replies 25 participants last post by  Brousse72 
#1 ·
This is a new thread to cover the front bumper x banana rubbers that are no longer available. Here is a PDF file of the first CAD drawing. It´s a single part that can be used on both sides (destra / sinistra). A mp4 Solid Works animation and a Solid Works STL file are available to those who want to print this part in a 3D printer using a flexible (FLEX) filament. The video file and the STL are not supported here at AlfaBB, so please send me a PM to receive the files for free by mail. As we move forward and test this version we will be able to develop a suitable tool similar to the one we made for the rear bumper rubbers.

As usual feedbacks and suggestions are welcome.

Attachments

#4 · (Edited)
As usual feedbacks and suggestions are welcome.
Hi Edgar, I commend you for your enthusiasm for taking on this new task and getting the rear bumper segment gaskets done.

It is apparent from the drawing that you provided that the proposed 'banana gaskets' are nothing like the originals. The original gaskets are only 4 or 5 mm thick on the exposed part (not 10mm) and probably 1 or 2mm thick in the 'web' (part between the banana and the front bumper.

I realize that the original gaskets were right and left handed, since there are two distinct Alfa Romeo part numbers. Are you proposing that the gasket for the drawing you provided be cut in half down the center? That may work but why not make the two gaskets just like the originals? I am not sure how difficult it is to remove the bananas but perhaps I could remove mine to send you the gaskets to duplicate. I believe them to be in excellent condition. Perhaps someone has the bumpers off their car and can provide the gaskets for modeling?

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Alloy wheel Vehicle

Mark

#12 ·
It is apparent from the drawing that you provided that the proposed 'banana gaskets' are nothing like the originals. The original gaskets are only 4 or 5 mm thick on the exposed part (not 10mm) and probably 1 or 2mm thick in the 'web' (part between the banana and the front bumper.

View attachment 1552972

Mark
Mark, 1 or 2mm in the web region - is it the flat region thickness? The gap between the banana and the bumper? Or both?

Tks.

#5 ·
Hi Mark, appreciate your comments and suggestions. The external exposed dimensions of the cad drawing will be modified to match your car rubber part.

Yes, the original rubbers right and left side were not the same as you can see in the TAV.128 drawing. I am proposing a single simplified rubber for 3D printing rendering. If it matches the interface between the bumper and the banana we will be able to build the flat interior section according to the original.

There is no need to remove the bananas (2 screws) or to send the rubbers.

Again, thank you for your help.

#21 ·
Sorry for the delay. I am very busy right now but I expect to have a new release next week, including printable files. The new drawing will have L&R sides following the original design, with the flat rectangular base surface. I am taking note of all of you that are interested to receive these new rubbers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.