Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,
Got other projects done so I am turning back to the Verde. I have installed the non-Abs pedal box. Next to get the new lines going. I plan to install a proportioning valve (like a Wilwood since I don’t have the stock one) as I have seen others post good results. For the front lines. I assume they are 3/16” with double flare at the MC? Can some one confirm please. I got no good results searching.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
844 Posts
Yeah they are 3/16 lines. The flare is as you say "..double flare..." I've also heard it called an ISO flare and a bubble flare and a Metric bubble flare. Whatever you call it them are hard to make. Try and get some premade lines with the correct fittings at either end (M10x1.0) and bend those to fit. If you decide to make your own lines, I highly recommend Fedhill, both their tools as well as their lines & fittings.

·
Premium Member
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great,thanks, for the confirmation.

I have a few friends who have experience making them. I have also been told to make a few practice ones so I don’t foul the one I am installing. I have the tools so we will see how it goes.

Any idea of the size of the fittings? This gets complicated because I am using a 164 M/C.

Thanks,
Dom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
844 Posts
Pretty sure all the brake fittings on the Milano and 164 are M10x1.0 The clutch line are M12x1.0.

The M10x1.0 fittings are very common used by lots of Japanese car. The M12x1.0 is a little harder to find.
Bye

·
Registered
90 Posts
I made my own lines for my 75. It wasn't difficult at all. I made the lines with a 20 dollar flare kit. Simply double flare it and you're golden. Bending is a bit trickier with the lines from the master cilinder to the pressure regulator, but not undoable.

Alfa's from that era (and later too) all use M10x1.0 fittings.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts