Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm after a couple of front brake discs to fit a 1963 101 Series Giulia Spider, and any rear shoes if available.

If you have any spare and fancy selling them, please drop me a line. I live in Brighton, UK and happy to pay courier costs.

Thanks

Devs

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No such like I'm afraid. Back to Alfastop then!

Thanks for the pointer anyway!

·
Super Moderator
11,238 Posts
These are available NEW in the US. Superior to the quality of OEM. Can be cut (surfaced) three times like OEM. The only downside is cost, about $325-350 each. Same source I use for Ferrari Discs. Made of spun cast iron. PM me if you need more details.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Guys,

I've been looking into this as well. Cannot stomach paying £300 for some very basic discs. There must have been other cars of this time using the same discs. Does anyone have the correct dimensions so I can ask around? I could of course measure them myself but that would mean removing them so easier if someone already has the right figs..

·
Super Moderator
11,238 Posts
Volvo. Look into the Volvo front discs. Almost the same as Giulia in 64 and 65. Unfortunately, I cannot remember what YEAR Volvo.

·
Premium Member
1,254 Posts
Anything to report regarding the hunt for Giulia Spider rotors?

Ray

·
Super Moderator
11,238 Posts
You can have new ones cast spun by some outfit "up-North" somewhere. They made a few for me for 275 Ferrari's using a NOS set I had. I'll figure out who they are eventually...

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Volvo. Look into the Volvo front discs. Almost the same as Giulia in 64 and 65. Unfortunately, I cannot remember what YEAR Volvo.
Must have been either Volvo Amazon '69-'70, first years with front disc brakes and last of production or 140 series starting I think 1968.
Dennis

1 - 15 of 15 Posts