Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
With the installation of my euro bumpers (Lester style), I have lost my front turn signals that normally sit in the US front bumper. Was thinking of trying to find a dual bulb socket holder for the markers next to the headlamps or buying some LED style and mounting then in the slats of the lower air dam. Any ideas appreciated.

Thanks,

Derik

·
Premium Member
4,761 Posts
for the markers by the lights (that's where our blinking lights are) try autoricambifirat.it they just might have a set. Otherwise I'd suggest thought to something sleek like the bike crowd uses. beautiful car!! ciao, jc

·
Registered
4,333 Posts
With the installation of my euro bumpers (Lester style), I have lost my front turn signals that normally sit in the US front bumper. Was thinking of trying to find a dual bulb socket holder for the markers next to the headlamps or buying some LED style and mounting then in the slats of the lower air dam. Any ideas appreciated.

Thanks,

Derik

Car looks great!

I experimented with the blinker/park lamp on my car so I can add a few things if you like.

1. Hog out the hole for the bulb in the corner lamp to fit a GM or round clip-in socket. There are a few "snap in" kinds (as opposed to the twist lock kind like original), like this: Chevy 1157 Turn Signal Brake Light Bulb Socket Connector Wire Harness Plug | eBay Probably the easiest thing to do.

2. drill a small additional hole in the corner lamp and add an LED bulb for the parking light, and then convert the job of the existing parking lamp socket to blinker duty by installing a higher wattage bulb.

3. Utilize the city light/ peanut bulb in the Euro headlight as your parking lamp and then turn the corner light into the blinker with a high wattage bulb. WARNING you'd lose the "corner" and side visibility of the parking lamp. Since you have no sidemarkers I'd be very wary of this one, but no holes or drilling for this one.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Looks great. Not sure I understand some of the terms you used but I was considering relays in the corner marker lights and making those blink. Isn't that their function in other parts of the world than the US? Anybody got info and part numbers for anything US cars might be missing? Always seemed like those corner lights _should_ flash.

I also got some Euro side marker lights and at first I was going to just have them cosmetic. Then I thought might as well wire up. Now my thought is why not make them blink with corner lights? Other cars in US have this feature now as well as modern cars and trucks with side turn signal indicators. Could give better visibility.

My car has been out of commission (long story) for quite a while for paint/body and this is one of my checklist items so I've had time to over think things :laugh:

·
Registered
738 Posts
Yes, these "corner markers" are our "indicators". Our parking lights are inside the headlamp units.
You talk funny :laugh:

How about the side marker lights? Are they static lights over there or do they flash in sequence with the indicators?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts