Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, just so I can vent, pull up to a stop light, car in front of me rolls back and despite hitting the horn it crunches into the front end. Girl gets out and says "sorry I don't know how to drive stick shift and borrowed my mother's car" Really??? then perhaps darling dont drive mommy's car if you can't drive stick. Ay carumba just a vent here for Friday. If anyone knows a good bodyshop in San Diego for Alfas let me know.

·
Registered
804 Posts
If her insurance is going to pay for the work, take it to Amato's in Sorrento Valley or even Symbolic for the body work. Make her pay for her mistake and maybe she won't do it again.

·
Registered
804 Posts
I have not had any work done there myself, but know them by reputation. Back in the '80s and 90s they were THE place to go for any foreign/exotic body or collision work. I have no attachment to them at all, just know that they used to do a lot of good work.

What type of Alfa do you have?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks

k, thanks, yes checkign them out they used to have a really good reputation a while back but not so much. I'll probably go with the USAA recommended body shop.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Update on fender bender

Well, as it turns out the other driver did not have insurance coverage - my insurance is covering it but that sucks someone is driving around without insurance. I have filled out a SR1 report which goes to the DMV though not much faith in anything happening there as they are so back logged.

Anyone got any other suggestions to ensure that the appropriate agencies know about this? I'm not the vengefull type but to drive around without insurance and be in a more serious accident is down right unacceptable.

PS the alfa is on the mend, should be ready early next week

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

I have not had any work done there myself, but know them by reputation. Back in the '80s and 90s they were THE place to go for any foreign/exotic body or collision work. I have no attachment to them at all, just know that they used to do a lot of good work.

What type of Alfa do you have?
sorry did not see the q about what type of alfa, it's a 91, Alfa Veloce, white, 84K nice car, a few cosmeticthings to do to it but it's a great drive. Looking for those front facing air vents one is broken. Got to fix the antenna and radio but that's about it. AMATOs not a great reputation now, googled them so took it to a body shop my insurance agency has a deal with and have a good reputation

·
Registered
804 Posts
Sorry to hear that the "hitter" was uninsured. I hate that too. Good to hear that the damage was not extensive and that you will have your Alfa back soon. Hope to see you at some local Alfa events like Festa in Little Italy or at the Coronado Speed Fest in the coming couple of months.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts