Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 183 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Hi your motor looks great hope it goes as well. I recently purchased a GT 1600 with a TS conversion and I'm very happy with it. Still have lots of work to do on my 1975 spyder. Good luck with your build. John

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Spigot bush

Thanks John.

It's a relief to know that my spigot bush was correctly machined and installed into my TS crank.

By the way the previous time lapse I posted was only part of the third day of the engine build. The first couple of days was making sure the bottom end had the correct tolerances, lining up and setting the bores, mocking up the complete engine to check valve/piston clearances and configuring the cam timing, all on time lapse for my own records!

Saluti
Sergio

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
For Lease!

Room for rent..............I think I'll have tenant soon!

Attachments

·
Registered
744 Posts
Hmmmm sooooo clean nice
That T/S is going to fill that vacancy beautifully.
Post up a pic of yours and I'll show you mine .:laugh: car that is

·
Administrator
12,918 Posts
Beautiful, but no underseal ... how are you going to protect that wonderful paint?
Pete

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ciao Pete, note that it's mainly a track day car and will be exposed to minimum road debris apart from when I run off the track!! and not even sealer will protect it then. Plus under-sealer weighs a bloody tonne and I'm aiming for a kerb weight of between 850-875 kg, I know it's optimistic with a standard GT body but I'll try to achieve.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Mate that is an awesome looking car your going to have, and I love your storage system. :thumbup: And as promised a couple of pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Very nice converted GT 1600 John and you'll have to post some of your GoPro vids! In the video section that is.....

Note that it's a tilter that I used during my body resto and it came in very handy when doing all the brake and fuel lines.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Thanks mate the car was totally restored by the PO and I had no hesitation buying the car. She is such a blast to drive . Unfortunately the go pro didn't come with the car. It can be returned to standard fairly simply there were no major body or chassis mods mostly just the motor and diff. What time line are you looking at to finish your little beauty?. Ahh and here is a pic of my project.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Interesting to note (confirm) that the later S2 onwards spiders did away with the double box section (under the rear parcel shelf). It's a rust trap and the panels are unobtanium. Wonder if I can delete it from my Duetto without too much stockNazi angst(rhetorical)

1 - 20 of 183 Posts