Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Theres a free weight scale in Chatsworth (San Fernando Valley, CA.). You roll you car up, get out and peek through the blinds which is tuff but you can still barly see the numbers.

The GTV's curb weight is 2305lbs and mine weighs 2320lbs :(. Thats because the stock GTV's come with 165/14 wheels and I have 205/15 heavy panasports! Now this whole weight thing is sitting on my head. Only way I know how to shave weight is taking the spare tire out but thats not good to do. I want my car stock inside so the seats, windows and apolstry are staying. I guess the future engine mods will satisfy me.

Oh yeah, if anyone is interested in checking out the weigh station just post back and I'll give you directions.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Free scale . .

Years ago, I had a '68 Ford Galaxie 500 4-door. Like the police cars you see in The French Connection and several Dirty Harry movies. I knew the sucker was heavy, but wanted to find out just how heavy.

I collected a bundle of newspapers and drove to a recycling place in Wilmington. They weighed the car with the bundle of papers and then without. It weighed just over 4,200 lbs., all for the price of a bundle of newspapers! Of course they looked at me strangely, but I accomplished my goal.

·
Premium Member
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
hahahaha

Yeah, the one I went to is some sort of recycling place.

Very clever of you Kai. HAHA take a stack of newspaper and weigh youre car. :D :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts