Alfa Romeo Forums banner

Free Parrish Plastics 101 Spider Hardtop

3K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  tomialfa 
#1 ·
I have a fiberglass hardtop made by Parrish Plastics to fit a 101 series Spider taking up space in my garage. It is intact, but in reasonably poor condition, with dull, scratched paint, dried out rubber seals, and a scratched rear window. Take it off my hands, please, before I throw it away.

The catch? It's in Western Kentucky and would probably have to be shipped by truck because of its size and weight. I'll help arrange the shipping, but it's likely to be a little pricey. Or, drop by and pick it up and I'll be more than happy to help you lift it into your pickup or bolt it to your spider.

Regards,
Bob A.

#8 ·
It may be worthwhile to check with Greyhound for shipping.

#10 ·
Shipping the Hardtop

Here's what I know.

The top weighs about 38 lb, so weight isn't an issue. The approximate dimensions are 52' x 50" x 16". This is larger than UPS, or even Greyhound will accept. according to their websites. It would appear the only option is truck. While I haven't looked very hard, costs to the east coast could range from $100 to over $300. To the west coast?? Dunno. You are welcome to shop. My Zipcode is 42001 and our area is served by a number of LTL truck lines, so hooking up with one shouldn't be that hard.

Regards,
Bob A.
Paducah KY

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.