1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Thanks!!!!!!

·
Registered
5,303 Posts
You guys should realize that these 'free' file sharing sites are violating the publisher's copyright. Not a lot of buyers for this stuff, and black market sharing will make it even less likely to ever see anything else published for us.

Robert

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
I'm with you Robert. I bought the original and don't need to steal one or get Uncle Scam to provide it free. ;)

Interesting aside, I once offered an original old Fiat 850 Autobook for free here, or maybe it was the Fiat bb and had no takers, as with lots of parts.

·
Registered
59 Posts
The whole idea of these forums is the exchange of our love of alfas
and any way to help each other should be encouraged. Those who wish to profit still can as there are now less manuals parts ect than cars from this period so a premium will always be there. I have downloaded the autobook which will help maintain and keep my alfa on the road but I still intend on buying an original for concourse comps. The sharing of alfa knowledge should not be knocked. If the publisher was concerned they would go back into print (that would kill resale values).

·
Registered
42 Posts
If the publisher was concerned they would go back into print (that would kill resale values).
Are you serious?

First, as a multi-published author, the idea that "appreciating" my work with the rationale you just gave is repugnant.

Second, you can argue "theft versus copyright violation" until the cows come home--I don't care. What I *DO* care about is when someone with no intellectual prowess and no understanding of what "going back into print" entails spouts off like it's no big deal.

I'm not taking a position on legality. I don't care one whit about resale values or I wouldn't have an effing Alfa. I came here, to THIS site, not for YOU, not for wretched examples of inbred ignorance, but for The Love of the Car.

Is that what this place is? Just another hillbilly hangout for posers and blowhards? Just another website where it's perfectly acceptable to excuse misbehavior and justify questionable actions with unquestionable stupidity?

If so, count me out.

If not, I look forward to your apology, in person, because if the economics of what you said are true, you should have no problem jumping on a plane and flying over here to apologize to my face.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts