Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No kidding. I don't have any details, but it's something close to a 1988 Milano 2.5. The car is located at:

2238 Old copper ln
Hacienda Heights, CA 91745

The gentleman's name is Kai Hur and he runs with the local solo2 crowd. He had posted on the solo2 board about "free stuff" and mentioned the car. I wrote him and asked if he'd like me to post here about it. When I get more information and hopefully his permission to post his email address, I'll update it here.

Pat.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OK, Kai's email is [email protected] and here is a picture of the car. He doesn't really know much else about it; apparently the car has been sitting in the driveway for quite a few years. The owner was a college student that graduated and went back to Taiwan permanently and abandoned the car. So, no DMV or anything. But, it might be a good parts car. It is definitely a 2.5 V6. Kai says that it probably doesn't run now, but did when it was left there, so who knows? At least the price is right!

Pat.

·
Registered
297 Posts
It looks like a perfect 24 hours of Lemons candidate. If anyone wants to form a team here in So Cal, I can store it, help wrench, and of course co-drive. But I am not starting another project without some help.

Let me know if your are interested.

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
Hmm, I might be interested. Do you also have space for working on the car (I have no more space)?

Will you be at WSIR in Oct? How did the 75-experience go?

Jes

·
Registered
297 Posts
I have plenty of space for both storing the car and working on it. I even have the full time help of a welder to make us a cage and nerf bars. I just need a few people to share the fun of building and racing in the 25 hours of Lemons. I am sure that the car could also be used with AROSC, but I imagine building a low budget car, well below the budget of Roxanne.

I am coming to WSIR, but I still don't know if I am bringing the Super or the Berlina. The Super needs a lot of hours to be race ready, while the Berlina only needs belts and an extinguisher to run time trial.

The Nordschlief was unbelievable. It would take hours to tell the tale, but suffice to say that two days on the track with Ron in the wet and the dry, was awesome. I even met a fellow AROSC member who lives three miles from my home at the track. Talk about a small world.

We probably need to move quickly if we are going to get this car.

·
Registered
271 Posts
racer-x,

I'd help. 24hr sounds fun. I have no space but I do have tube bender, welder etc... I was in racegroup with you at the Feb school. I can rebuild a motor and gearbox so my engine skills are decent. I'm around redondo beach.

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
If you have space and will not face issues (like wife not being too thrilled) with storing the car, I would suggest to get it. I have some left-over parts from my various Milano projects that may come in handy. My only problem is that I expect to be busy with Roxanne until the Oct event. I'll see if Colin would be interested in joining forces.
Jes

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, if you guys are serious, I wouldn't wait too long. I know that there has also been some interest in the car on the solo2 board.

Pat.

·
Registered
275 Posts
oh no, not another free alfa. My wife used to say free alfas don't count but then I brought home like 2 of them and she is now wise. my newest move is to "drag & drop" the car when she is not around and put a cover on it

:D

·
Registered
297 Posts
OK, I finally got my first free Alfa! I had planned to use it for the 24 hours of Lemons race (googe it), but so far I do not have a team. With only 56k miles, the car is pretty nice, but it baked in the sun for 13 years. It makes me want to restore it, but I doubt that a Milano Gold is worth the effort. Much smarter to buy a well sorted Verde.

So the Milano sits, waiting for a plan.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Racer x,

I voluteer for your team. I have tube bender set-up for 1.75" tube...probably too big for the Alfa. I got cutting tools and a welder. I'm around Torrance. Ca.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Well, so much for the free Alfa. My 24 hours of Lemons dream was just traded away for a 4.56 differential.

It was a very sad day, as I had hoped to put together a team of local Alfisti to run in the 24 hours of Lemons race. Unfortunately, the Alfisti that I know are spread all around the area. We just could not get together to get this thing going.

When Larry and I were loading the car onto the trailer, the locked steering column (no keys) was making it difficult. Larry said that sometimes he finds a spare key under the floormats or seats. So, he reaches under the seat and pulls out a gun! I about crapped my pants.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,166 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
I don't know if the seller had any mafia connections, but the owner of the car reportedly last saw his car 14 years ago.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts