Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was given a 81 gtv6 all i had to do was cut the tree down that had grown up through it. three ase certified mechs. and a troupe of circus people from Russia failed to get it to fire since 95. 4 hours and $200 in parts i had it screaming like a banshee. after an hour of cumulative run time i noticed timing belt getting slack. decided it was time to stop playing around and get to work. need new timing belt, tensioner, water pump.... what else should i plan on looking over before starting up motor again. i beat this car on a cb400 motorcycle in a 1/4 drag race in '90. it only has 50000 miles it needs to be put back on the street.

·
Registered
625 Posts
pictures? Also, make sure the timing belt tensioner is still functional and that there is nothing living inside the car chewing up wires. Other than that everything you would do for a tune up or at the service points as per the manual. i.e. air filter, all belts, plugs, plug wires, distributer rotor, cap, etc. I would check the fuel filter and gas tank for rust inside. Also you might want to go through the fuel lines and replace all the rubber ones. Check the charcoal canister, and breather hoses in the trunk. Also, Greg has some great articles on these cars at www.hiperformancestore.com. Hope that helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts