Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My '91 164L with 130,000 miles broke its timing belt, and mashed its valves. We ended up installing a good used engine, rather than fix the old one. The broken engine is at my mechanic's shop here in San Juan Capistrano, south Orange County, California. The starter, alternator, and flywheel were swapped over to the replacement engine. Heads were unbolted, but are there.

My objective is to get it out of my mechanic's shop, hopefully to a good home, at a minimum of hassle for him and me. My objective is not necessarily to be fair. So, it goes to the first person who can pick it up. No, we won't pack and ship it to you. Sorry to sound difficult, but I have tried giving things away before, and sometimes, it's harder than selling them!

·
Super Moderator
11,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Wow, you guys drive a hard bargain. Apparently, free wasn't cheap enough - OK, I'll throw in a couple of pictures I took today with my cellphone:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
27,300 Posts
Just a little to far for me to pick up.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Hang on, I'm working on it... but I am also pretty far away.

·
Premium Member
923 Posts
Palletized Freight

Jay & Mirko

If you are willing to secure the engine to a pallet and use drop off and pick up points designated by a freight company you can usually have something like this shipped up the I-5 corridor for a couple hundred bucks... at least that is what it roughly cost me about 6 yrs ago when I had 2 twinsparks enter LA from Italy and had them shipped up to Seattle.

Just something to consider though it will cause jay some extra work on his end. If freight company has to come pick it up at the shop...there is extra charge for that of course.

Your mileage may vary.

And for those curious, yes, both TS are long gone....

·
Registered
451 Posts
if the shop is open saturday. I can pick it up.
Thanx Reyy
aka Reynaldo

·
Super Moderator
11,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Spiderrey has picked up the engine. Thanks for your interest.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Thanx for the motor. To bad I didnt get to meet you. I arrived right at 9 as he opened shop.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts