Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the USofA this Wednesday night the Travel Channel will air a program titled "Francesco's Italy." In the episode previews it appears the host travels around in a Series 3 Spider.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Bert Wolf's Travels on "Create" (PBS channel) had a show on Tuscany the other day, and the owner of an Inn took him for a drive through the countryside in one of his several classic cars. It was a S3 Spider. I think I recorded it--I'll have to go back and look.

Tim

·
Registered
87 Posts
Watched it last night......nice looking S3 except for the hub caps.....lots of shots of it but found my self flipping between it and Futurecars.......love that 150MPH - 133MPG Opel

·
Registered
28 Posts
I watched as well - Spider was prominent throughout the show. It will be on every Wednesday evening here with different cities. Interesting out of all cars he could have driven in the show the Alfa was chosen.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Yea, I watched the second half of it last night. He was in Turin talking to Gianni Agnelli's grandson, then wound up on the Portofino coast. The grandson pulled up in some modern, tiny Fiat. The Count, Francesco, says in Italian, something to the effect of "Nice Car". The Grandson says, "you have a nice car too." Intrestingly, when I hit the "INFO" button on my remote, Comcast's description of the show said something like "Count Francesco de Mosta travels through Italy in a Alfa Romeo Duetto Spider......." It was a monopod dashed S3 (with a hard plastic spoiler) by my account. Here's a link to the description of the series

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francesco's_Italy:_Top_to_Toe

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Great show! I'm watching it now (thank you, TiVo)... great looking Spider and he goes to some of my favorite cities. You rarely see Spiders in Italy, so it's interesting that they chose one to use.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
I can't believe he got to drive the S3 Spider on the Fiat factory's roof test track in Torino! Wow!!

Great show. I will make sure to catch the other three episodes.

·
Registered
619 Posts
'Francesco's Italy' was on tonight, showing the city of Florence. Again featured was the red Series 3 Spider Graduate that he rides around in. It's a later Series 3 than mine and Hooligan's...it's got the 3rd brake light, hard spoiler, badge on the decklid, and the plastic phone dial wheel covers. So it's a late-80s Grad I guess. It's the dog's balls to see one on tv, eh? Cheers,

David

1 - 9 of 9 Posts