Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From an e-mail I received today, "The fourth annual Hill Country Rolling Sculpture Car Show will be held on October 23, 2011. As a participant in last year's show, we hope that you'll join us again this year for an even better time."

How about a nice Alfa showing? How many Supers can we assemble this year? See you there!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1965 Giulia TI/1998 Spider
3,951 Posts
Thanks for sharing it here Bruce! We should also have an online registration website set up soon.

·
Registered
4,377 Posts
Cool! I'm in. The last one's have been a lot of fun. Nice people, good cars, just about perfect. Maybe we can get Phil to bring his Hudson and Michael can bring one of his . . . er . . ."Michaels".

Maybe this time we'll have enough Supers to rival Irvine's CnC. Who knows?

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can bring three . . . ;)

·
Premium Member
1965 Giulia TI/1998 Spider
3,951 Posts

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We really could have an armada of Supers. It could set a mid-US record? Dean, John, Jim, Aaron, and my 3 (need 2 drivers) = 7. One or two others floating around also. Who'd have thought . . .

·
Registered
769 Posts
We really could have an armada of Supers. It could set a mid-US record?
If you have the interest in spearheading this, go for it. I'll bring ours. It would probably warrant some sort of display describing the history and significance of the Giulia Super. We could park in chronological order.

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm in but one of mine is a mongrel (converted Nuovo). I don;t think we have an S2 but two S1's. Is there a "fleet award"??? ;-))

·
Registered
769 Posts
Park Pinyo between Jim's 1300 and my Nuovo as a "transition" model.

Hell, if you want to pony up $300 for a sponsorship (Bruce's Super Garage in Spicewood?) we'll give you a trophy engraved with whatever you want on it to award to whatever car strikes your fancy. To date, no sponsors have chosen their own cars, but it's not like we have rules about that sort of thing.

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Pinyo is actually turning out to be a pure S3 "Unificata" Super (72-74) just like Jim's 73 but with some S2 trim items and lots of mechanical updates. We need an S2 to show the lineage. I think Jay's may be an S2 (68-71) but I don't see it and him much. We'll see what we can muster. Actually the S2's have several significant variations over that time period. Someone ought to make a group award for the most of a type car, like this. That might stimulate more participation.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Someone ought to make a group award for the most of a type car, like this. That might stimulate more participation.
That's not quite how the awards work at this show. The sponsors pick themes that fit their business profile. A repair shop gives the "Best Maintained" award, the local newspaper gives the "Editor's Choice" award, etc.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I'll be there, but once again my son's Cub Scout Pack has picked this weekend for the fall campout. So we'll be the late arrivals, with bits of twigs in our hair (again).

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Bump. So who's in and what are you bringing? Will we have a gaggle of Supers? More than the four before??

Attachments

·
Registered
4,377 Posts
I'm in. Last year's show was a lot of fun. I'll bring my Super . . . if I can complete my pennance by replacing the head gasket. :)

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It's a week and a half away. :( You also have a LONG list of other stuff to do. :eek: Next year?? :confused: Do they allow trailer queens?? ;)

·
Registered
769 Posts
I'm planning to bring the Nuova - assuming that I get the gas tank I ordered from Germany a month ago in time. It spent three weeks in a German warehouse, and is now supposedly somewhere in the U.S. Delivery date is unspecified. :mad:

Note to self: avoid DHL shipping in the future!

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Dean, Wait until you get the post-delivery customs bill from them on behalf of the government. Had that happen for the 1st time recently on two DHL deliveries form the UK. Not insignificant either.

We may have two "trailer wrecks". . . .;)

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Here's the goal to beat - DC Convention. Jim, Dean, John, Bruce 3, Curtis, Jay. We might go all the way . . . . but we need a 7th.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 35 Posts