1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
15,849 Posts
Interesting Verde. Doesn't have the Verde instrument panel with the orange numbers, etc. Might have been changed? Also doesn't have the Verde lower cladding.

Is this a real Verde? Haven't checked the serial number, though.

Upon further looking,

I now see that Vinaudit.com says not, was originally a 2.5? I do see that the CL ad description says a 3 liter engine was installed. That would have to be confirmed.

So, it appears someone just added some Verde and other stuff to a 2.5 Milano, including an engine (maybe). One could call it a hybrid of sorts I guess.

·
Supporting Vendor
4,389 Posts
It is not a Verde, for several reasons, the most obvious is that Verdes were only available in Black, Anthracite, and Red.

The "16" in the VIN says the car started life as a Gold edition.

It seems to be very much a bitsa now: The seats are recovered Platinum leather seats (missing the suede center inserts), it has a partial Verde body kit and 15" Verde wheels but it still has the 14" Gold spare wheel.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
If it's anywhere close to the condtion described, it could be a very interesting daily driver especially if can be bought at $2k. No mention of service records, maybe available maybe not. Wonder if the Alfa shop is still in business or the former owner can be reached. I am in the same boat as AlfaTango 1 in that I have too many projects happening...

·
Premium Member
15,849 Posts
The biggest thing would be checking the engine number to see if it is really a 3 liter, or still a 2.5.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
It seems like a nice Milano.
Sure it's a Bitsa but how many 27 year old cars aren't? And unlike some, the mods seem tasteful. If it looks as good in person it seems like it should b worth the asking price even if it "just" has a 2.5.
No reason not to believe it has the 3.0 though.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If it's anywhere close to the condtion described, it could be a very interesting daily driver especially if can be bought at $2k. No mention of service records, maybe available maybe not. Wonder if the Alfa shop is still in business or the former owner can be reached. I am in the same boat as AlfaTango 1 in that I have too many projects happening...
Actually the shop was sold a few years ago but I know the shop owner and could inquire about it. I never read that far down the post and totally missed that. Danny Wells was the first owner who retired, don't know where he is these days. Dan Pluth was the last owner who now works for a BMW race team in town.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts