Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

So, today I was cleaning fuel tank and I found these parts in it:

I have no clue what are they for....

Thanks

·
Push hard and live
9,336 Posts
What year car? Low fuel pickup, or high with internal pickup-pump?

I've got a pressure issue that starts when about half full, and I'm wondering what the various pickup goodies look like in the tank. Mine is an early Spica with low fuel exit, and NO internal boost pump.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, it Is 1974, low pick up, fuel pump is outside the tank...

Maybe in 45 yrs this parts somehow fell into the tank?

·
Registered
1978 Spider
201 Posts
do they somehow fit together? try to assemble them and see what it starts to look like. My first thought was "in tank pump recall" and they might have been the pick up tube parts that get cut off and they just fell into the tank and were left...but doesn't really look like it...

·
Premium Member
797 Posts
I need a laugh considering all the stuff going on even if I'm ultimately the butt of the joke (joke?).

The device on the upper part looks like it might be for hanging on a hook. I wonder, considering your statement about the forty five years, if this could be a hand siphon that somehow fell in during some operation, gas theft or otherwise. There may have been a pick up tube on the end that has dissolved over time. But really, how could it have migrated through the filler tubes? Just a thought.

OK, now you are free to laugh at me.

·
Premium Member
4,203 Posts
Don't worry about them. There is nothing in the tank that looks like that.

·
Registered
1978 Spider
201 Posts
I wonder, considering your statement about the forty five years, if this could be a hand siphon that somehow fell in during some operation, gas theft or otherwise.
that did cross my mind. I once had a hand siphon thing that looked similar. It was called a "jiggler". you put the valve end in the gas and jiggled it up and down a bit to draw gas up and out until a siphon action started.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you all. Looks like it was some kind of a "jiggler", yes. Since this is my first Spica Alfa I wasnt sure. I just threw parts away...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts