Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found the problem today with my 1983 Spider heater not working. I was in the process of removing the heater box when I started contemplating burning the car to the ground. I have determined it is flat out impossible to remove the box, but as a quick check, I removed enough components to get to the heater valve and got it removed and there was the problem. While the upper arm was turning fine, the inside was just locked in a closed position. New valve has been ordered but ran into another problem. While prying the front clips off the heater core, 1 of them shot off and just vanished, I can no longer seal the box. I have scowered the inside of the car to no avail. Ideas on getting a replacement or other solution?

Big thanks to @pantera928 for stopping by today to take a look at my Spider, this guy has skills :). Got some good advice and found some challenges that lie ahead due to the previous owners shenanigans. Thanks Greg!

·
Premium Member
1,622 Posts
Found the problem today with my 1983 Spider heater not working. I was in the process of removing the heater box when I started contemplating burning the car to the ground. I have determined it is flat out impossible to remove the box, but as a quick check, I removed enough components to get to the heater valve and got it removed and there was the problem. While the upper arm was turning fine, the inside was just locked in a closed position. New valve has been ordered but ran into another problem. While prying the front clips off the heater core, 1 of them shot off and just vanished, I can no longer seal the box. I have scowered the inside of the car to no avail. Ideas on getting a replacement or other solution?

Big thanks to @pantera928 for stopping by today to take a look at my Spider, this guy has skills :). Got some good advice and found some challenges that lie ahead due to the previous owners shenanigans. Thanks Greg!
Thanks for the compliments but others here have forgotten more than I will ever know about Alfas.
Well, make sure you use a good gasket on that valve like I mentioned. You will find the clip easily if you stop looking for it. :LOL:
I may have one or I may know of someone who does. Also, check out Larry at Alfa parts Exchange for used parts.
A clip might not be worth his time but if you have other items, you can make one large order.
Meantime, I will check my stuff.

Reactions: vbisbest

·
Registered
what part?
10,920 Posts
do this.. the area were the heaterbox mounts to the bodyshell.. place some window screen over the area.. then gwt somw thin foam.. art stores have 12 x 12 x 1/16 in sheets place window screen over the heaterbox intake , use some silicone and run a bead around it, then place the foam on top, then place/bolt it onto the car.. the window screen will keep junk from getting in.. and keep mice from setting up home in the heater box

1 - 3 of 3 Posts