Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it just me, or does anyone else have their particular page jerking up and down so that it's barely usable? You try to scroll and it instantly jumps back to the top of the page where there's a small video ad, then to the bottom of the page with another ad. Over and over. It's constantly loading ads in the margins and top and jumps away from where you're clicking. I thought it was because I wasn't logged in, but it's doing it all the time. Very frustrating.

For contrast, just take a look at this E30 forum, r3vlimited.... It's seamless, smooth, steady, reliable, responsive. I've been there a long time and it's always worked very well.

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/index.php

I love to come here and I need to learn about repairs, but it's so frustrating.
Thanks for your time -

·
Premium Member
312 Posts
I've experienced it for some months (I'm guessing about six) on my iPhone, so using the mobile site. It's quite annoying, though I don't have to deal with ads due to my subscription.

It would be great if it could be fixed!

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Yep, jumpy on my iPhone especially threads with lots of posts

·
Administrator
1,001 Posts
Hey,

The next time you see these ads that are playing with sound or causing your page to jump, we'd need the following:

1.What device you're using.
2.The OS/browser you're using.
3.Your general location.
4.The URL of the ad, you can get this by right clicking the ad and clicking "copy link address". You can also click "inspect" and copy the highlighted text.
5.Screen shot

Once we get that we can send it to our tech team and get them to investigate. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Niall

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the reply.

Here's what I know:

1. Desktop computer (I have seen it on my iPhone as well)
2. Mac/Safari
3. Western Montana
4. I don't know that yet. It's usually on a typical thread page with many posts. Short but wide horizontal video at top and bottom of screen, no sound. I try to hold the page at the top post to read, and it keeps jumping to the bottom of the page. Scroll-jump-scroll-jump. I just assume it has something to do with the ad playing - that may be wrong.

·
Premium Member
312 Posts
1. iPhone 5
2. Ios 10.3.3 using safari and the mobile site.
3. Holland
4. No ads due to subscription.

Upon reading the opening post again, it may not be the same problem (no ads), but then again it may be related, as the symptoms sound similar. So here it goes; whenever I open a topic on the mobile site, it always opens the first page. When I then click on the button to go to the last page, it does. But when I then start scrolling (up or down, it doesn't matter), it immediately loads previous pages and I'm 'thrown' back. The amount over pages I'm thrown back depends on the amount of pages there are in the topic, the more there are the further I go back.

·
Registered
510 Posts
I subscribe, so I don't have ads, but i have the same problem with jumping up and down. I assume it is my crappy wifi and browser (Firefox). Interested that other folks may be having the same issue.

Veronica

1 - 9 of 9 Posts