Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone watching this fiasco?
I watched the Malaysia occurrence (don't want to call it racing). Formula E- (suggested slogan: "Lots of Good Seats Still Available") was about the dumbest thing I've ever watched that tried to call itself racing. Cars sounded like toys, and they 'raced' like toys. Zoom, slip, slide, crash. Kept looking for the stand with the guys and their remote controllers. They should make the pits look like the tailgate of an SUV.

Fan Boost is ridiculous. Not hard to figure out who gets it. The Girl (yes, I know they have more than one woman in the series), The Guy I've Heard Of, and Another Guy I Think Maybe I've Heard Of.

Several well-known names in the list of drivers. When I saw the grid, I wondered, "Why doesn't that guy have an F1 seat?" Then, as the 'racing' started, it was more like, "Oh, now I see."

While I understand and agree that some degree of pit activity adds to the racing, switching cars half-way through the race is not the answer. All that shows is that battery power won't go far enough to make a race. Is that the message that EV manufacturers want to present?

·
Registered
448 Posts
I used to race electric RC cars on a short oval track. It was loads of fun but can never translate into actual cars. Our races were timed to 4 minutes in length. The objective was to adjust the electronic speed control and your gearing so the battery died at 4 1/2 minutes, that way you could go as fast as the car would go for the full 4 minutes.

I tried to watch the first race and changed the channel in disgust when I realized they were actually going to let them CHANGE CARS!!!!!
It didn't help any that they were slower than an F1 pace lap.

·
Premium Member
2,784 Posts
As far as I'm concerned, Formula E is about as interesting as Preparation H.
What more needs to be said?

·
Registered
1 Posts
The detail I don't get (well there are several, but one of them) is why Mattiacci has to leave the company. All accounts when he started were that it was a temporary position until they structure the company for next year. He wasn't supposed to improve the results as the car was doomed for the rest of the year.

Well, looking forward we have two world champs in a car that will likely not be ready until 2016. Another year to hope for 3rds and 4ths at the most unless something unexpected happens.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Me thinks you wanted this thread: http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/motorsports/372297-2015-f1.html :taz:

The detail I don't get (well there are several, but one of them) is why Mattiacci has to leave the company. All accounts when he started were that it was a temporary position until they structure the company for next year. He wasn't supposed to improve the results as the car was doomed for the rest of the year.

Well, looking forward we have two world champs in a car that will likely not be ready until 2016. Another year to hope for 3rds and 4ths at the most unless something unexpected happens.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts