Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
If the weather stays poor, I think it will be a Ferrari 1-2.
Forza FERRARI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
699 Posts
I predict Schumacher first, Schumacher second. Unless Montoya pushes someone off the track and steels it.

No matter what language you speak, live in Italian!

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well the weather appears to be good for the race. The first corner should prove to be very important. Ralph has almost a .5 second over Michael on the grid.

Look for Williams to walk away with the Renault of Alonzo in tow...

Velocess

·
Trained (ex)Professional, , 1953-2018 RIP,
16,232 Posts
I'll root for pretty much anyone who has a chance at de-throning Michael.:D Have some favorites though. And I wouldn't ignore Webber's practice and warmup times. Very quick.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Well Velocess,
You called it ! The Williams/Briggs Stratton er Williams/BMWcars ran very well. They do have a great deal of power. The French circuit is hard on engines and the Ferrari did not seem to have the grunt out of the slow turns and at the middle of the long straight. The U.S. Grand Prix is shaping up to be very important this year. I may have to buckle in to $ 450 hotels. **** I hate that. Anyway good call on your part.

Papajam, Go back and look at all that Micheal has accomplished in his career. He is a very impressive person. Do you simply have a thing against successful people?
MrC

·
Trained (ex)Professional, , 1953-2018 RIP,
16,232 Posts
Mr. C. said:

Papajam, .... Do you simply have a thing against successful people?
MrC

Not at all Mr. C. I think he's proven that he's the best driver by far of his generation and I have the utmost respect for his current and future accomplishments. But that's the point. What's the appeal of a racing series if the same person wins over and over? BORING!! King Bernie thought the same thing.

In any case, the Williams/BMW/Michelin/Hewlett Packard/Castrol/Allianz/FedEx/NiQuitinCO/whomever have won two, one two.

But only until Bridgestone catches up or McLaren lauches their new car or Bernie changes the rules again or.....

·
Registered
880 Posts
That's really unfortunate that Ferrari diden't win. I was watching the Italian station and they were saying that the bridgestone tires had (balls of rubber on the compound) and if bridgestone doesent make a new effective tire for Ferrari the team will switch to Michelin for next season.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Silverstone

It looks like it's gonna be another typical cold summer weekend in England. That will help the Bridgestones and Ferrari perform better than the Michelin runners. My prediction:

M. Schumacher - 1
R. Schumacher - 2
JP. Montoya - 3

Garrett

·
Registered
880 Posts
Re: Silverstone

ar1750gtv said:
It looks like it's gonna be another typical cold summer weekend in England. That will help the Bridgestones and Ferrari perform better than the Michelin runners. My prediction:

M. Schumacher - 1
R. Schumacher - 2
JP. Montoya - 3

Garrett
I was right, Ferrari settled thier problems with thier tire manufactor Bridgestone (they got a custom set made just for this race) and they performed very well. This was by far one of the most exciting races of the year. The final results were
1. Barrichello
2. JP Montoya
3. Raikonnen (sp)
Forza Ferrari !!!

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Re: Re: Silverstone

Silverstone was a great race!!! :D
Made me want to see the next race LIVE.

I am so happy to see Barrichello winning races. Job well done. !!

Azzurri GTV said:
I was right, Ferrari settled thier problems with thier tire manufactor Bridgestone (they got a custom set made just for this race) and they performed very well. This was by far one of the most exciting races of the year. The final results were
1. Barrichello
2. JP Montoya
3. Raikonnen (sp)
Forza Ferrari !!!

·
Registered
699 Posts
Hello all,
I have not been viewing the board for a few days and missed making a prediction re Silverstone. But I would not have picked Ruebens. Until qualifying that is. Glad to see him win.
I do believe that once underway after clearing the weirdos and broken McLarens, Herr M. Schumacher drove the h out of his Ferrari. All in all it was the best F1 race to watch in two years.

One can only wonder what will happen at Hockenheim ????

An interesting development to the season so far is that Indy could be a bigge this year. I usually get tickets via my son
(number 2 of 5) but the blasted Hotels are so bad with their gouging that I never want to go until the last minute when I can't stand missing it and go. Make reservations in spring and they will not give you a price just put you on the list. Then in late August they call and tell you the room that is usually 89 bucks a night will cost 489 per day per person during the race. grrrrrrrrrrrr

Well Velocess I will be on line just prior to Hockenheim to register a prediction. Lets put them all up Saturday after qualifying so we will be using some information in addition to our emotions.

Not that emotions are bad when it comes to racing.

Mr C

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What great day for Formula 1. Another winner this year who turns out to be the youngest ever at 22. Alonso's victory pushed soccer off the front page Spain's newspapers. Spain should be proud as he brought the Spanish national anthem to the F1 podium for the first time.

Also, nice to see a real three-way battle at the end of the season between top drivers.

Next stop for the F1 train ... SPAIN.

Velocess

·
Registered
880 Posts
Velocess said:
Next stop for the F1 train ... SPAIN.

Velocess
Actually it will be in Monza, Italy in 2 weeks. That was a exciting race untill the middle when we knew Alonso was going to take it with over 30 seconds between him and second place. Barrichelo's suspension collapsed when going down the staright and hit the wall kinda hard. We shall see in 2 weeks what will happen.

·
Registered
699 Posts
It has turned out to be a good YEAR for the sport.

Hungary was notable in a number of ways. The youngest driver ever but also the return of a competitive Renault team. A good day for Sr. Briatore also. Regardless of the bull that the speed channel guys throw around about Flavio, he is a cool guy. Very intensely dedicated to the world of automobiles lives life as he wants and he can get things done.

A rare Ferrari chassis failure. And Michael's chances for another immediate championship looking a lot less bright. Still possible.
It would be a real almost unbelievable thing to see him win another in a row. He can lose this one and still come out the winningest driver in history next year.

Ferrari have a lot to do and now they really need a sponser with money.

I am going to Indy for sure. Any race from now on can be the determining factor. Monza has played the role before.

·
Premium Member
6,681 Posts
i agree with you. just unfortunate that its being a very competitive year and not a good one for ferrari all in one. ferrari needs to pull off some victories and both cars need to finish in teh points. it been unfortunate, but that's racing. hopefully monza will be good to them again.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I will be in Monza in 2 weeks.
Forza Ferrari - Ti amo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
702 Posts
Mr. C. said:
A rare Ferrari chassis failure. And Michael's chances for another immediate championship looking a lot less bright. Still possible.
It would be a real almost unbelievable thing to see him win another in a row. He can lose this one and still come out the winningest driver in history next year.
Ferrari are on a slippery slope. It may be tough for them to recover in time. Monza does not promise to be any "nicer" to Schumey. Rubens is just having a bad time of it all round. As much as I would like to see Ferrari win another championship, it certainly more exciting to see the contest this close at the end. Indy and Japan will be the deciding races. As they say here in Virginia; let's go racin!

1 - 20 of 63 Posts