Alfa Romeo Forums banner

141 - 160 of 464 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,431 Posts
Had to laugh at the headline I saw a couple of days ago, "Verstappen's head too big for the approved helmet". And today, "Verstappen found the only approved Arai version approved for F1 racing was too small for him".

Kind of fits my image of him, lol.

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
They only have 2 races under their belts so far, but let's hear it for 4th place (barely) Alfa Romeo (ie, team Raikkonen)! After all, this is the Alfa BB, and when was the last time they were that high in the constructor standings?
Bill

·
Registered
277 Posts
Not a great showing for my RedTeam qualifying for the Chinese GP = P3(Vettel) & P4. Not hard to guess who was/is P1 & P2.
Even sadder Kimi/Alfa = P13. The other Alfa posted "No Time" = last.

Regards

·
Registered
699 Posts
Not sure if this was discussed previously, but went back several pages and did not see it. This morning I was on Netflix looking for something to download that I could watch on a flight home. Saw a series called Formula 1 - Drive to Survive. Downloaded the first 3 episodes of 10 and watched them on my flights and layovers. It covers the 2018 season....................

Worth looking into if you have Netflix.

WOW, what a breath of fresh air......... to be honest I’ve become very sceptical of the general broadcast facade of F1 lately and this Netflix series goes back scenes without all the politically correct BS to expose some of the complexities and strategies behind the real F1 scene. This is a MUST see for ALL Formula One fans.

Well done Liberty Media as this series alone will bolster and increase F1 fan base. I’ve got to say that Americans sure know how to exploit the art of entertainment.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Another awful GP for me & my RedTeam! It was over when the 'lights-went-out'. I don't know if Leclerc had a better shot at the Mercedes team, but IMO he should have had the opportunity to try...

The only 'up-side' to the race = Kimi got points for the Alfa team!

Regards

·
Registered
2,841 Posts
Another awful GP for me & my RedTeam! It was over when the 'lights-went-out'. I don't know if Leclerc had a better shot at the Mercedes team, but IMO he should have had the opportunity to try...

The only 'up-side' to the race = Kimi got points for the Alfa team!

Regards
Actually Leclerc was in the way of Vettel by not letting him pass until team order. Then Vettel was not much faster than Leclerc after all, and then the problem that the Pirelli tyres that should last 50 laps only lasted 16-17 laps made problems as they had to change wheels much earlier.

Although Vettel had best laptime for some time only to be beaten late in the race, his race alas only amounted to 3rd place. Alfa with Raikonen came to 9th place, so there is hope for improvement. Ferrari is just not fast enough at present time, also said by Vettel, he could not gain however hard he pushed.

·
Premium Member
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #149
Are they sandbagging?

Oh Ferrari is so fast !
Oh we are having trouble in pre season testing and free practice !
Oh I'm not sure about how we will do in the next race !

but when the red lights go out; who is in front ??

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
That double pit stop by Mercedes was really something. I assume they had two complete sets of tires stacked there ready to go? The logistics of that combined with the speed was impressive.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Once again a disappointing day qualifying for my RedTeam...Mercedes locks-up the front row! Bottas P1.
Vettel=P3 & Leclerc crashed-out in Q2 but managed a P10 anyway. Both 'Alfas' made it thru to Q3!
Both Mercedes 'sand-bagged' their way to win qualifying & P1 P2...you'd think all the other teams would
have figured that out by now(?).

Regards

·
Registered
277 Posts
@iachella:

Hopefully Leclerc's pit-crew can repair the damaged Ferrari so Leclerc, at least, have a chance to get into the 'battle'! Vettel's chances are: who knows? He IS starting P3!

Regards

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
I'd like to see Leclerc pass his way up to P5 or P4, then a safety car to bunch them up, then dispatch a few more for a podium or a victory. Wishful thinking, but it's plausible.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Yeah, I’m getting a little tired of Toto singin’ the blues before Q1 and then his guys go out and blow everyone else off the track. This season is shaping up rather predictably.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Yeah, I’m getting a little tired of Toto singin’ the blues before Q1 and then his guys go out and blow everyone else off the track.
Blues being 1.5 seconds back in P3

Who said 'sandbagging"?

Toto can go :censored:

·
Registered
277 Posts
Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse it did! My RedTeam eats another one.....if only 'practice' was
the race we'd be in good shape. Ferrari gets its' fans all pumped-up & deflates us when qualifying is finalized! Dreadful.

Regards

ps-BTW, I said "sand-bagging"

141 - 160 of 464 Posts