Alfa Romeo Forums banner

461 - 464 of 464 Posts

·
Registered
11,677 Posts
BTW: There have been rumours that Honda have been cheating similar to Ferrari with their engine. I'll try and find a link ...

Pete

·
Registered
11,677 Posts
HuntTheShunt,

Relax on the site change. I'm an old white man, and I've made the transition and its fine now.

IMO Vettel is back to his old games of: If you cannot beat them, take them out. Well and truly demonstrated against Weber. But then I'm no Vettel fan and do not view him as a 4 x WDC. I give him 2, no more.
Pete

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
HuntTheShunt,

Relax on the site change. I'm an old white man, and I've made the transition and its fine now.
Why should I relax with something that is clearly bad ? Dozens of ARBB users do write the same way. I don´t want except a change to worse conditions when not necessary. That´s simply stupid. Nothing is fine, it´s awful. I guess the ARBB forum will lose a lot of members who gave a lot of input over the past years.

·
Registered
11,677 Posts
Why should I relax with something that is clearly bad ? Dozens of ARBB users do write the same way. I don´t want except a change to worse conditions when not necessary. That´s simply stupid. Nothing is fine, it´s awful. I guess the ARBB forum will lose a lot of members who gave a lot of input over the past years.
I understand, but if AlfaBB do not update they will eventually end up in a pickle. Just like when you don't update your smart phone

What needs to happen is the site owners need to fully understand how the change will affect their users and post a "How to use the new site" thread BEFORE the site change occurs. We do have one now (https://www.alfabb.com/threads/tip-tricks-to-survive-the-move-to-the-new-bb-software.689538/#post-8493757), but it was reactive not proactive.

Unfortunately I work in IT implementing new systems, and users absolutely hate change, even if the old system was a piece of rubbish. So change management is more important than the quality of the new application.

Now that I have adapted to the new site, it's all there and works pretty well. But again I work in IT so probably used to working with weird and wonderful applications more than most on the AlfaBB. What I have found the most useful is to change the New page filter to also include Followed Content. Then the New page becomes my one-stop-shop.

Best
Pete

461 - 464 of 464 Posts