Alfa Romeo Forums banner

281 - 300 of 454 Posts

·
Registered
11,626 Posts
General comment ...

It would be great if motor sport would return to sportsmanship, by this I mean: All "in front" drivers know that a pass is not made when the other car is along side, but before that when they left an opening, etc. What I would like to see is when the other car is actually along side, this bumping and banging into each other F's off and the "in front" driver concedes like he/she should.

I watch it all the time in saloon car racing. The "in front" driver makes a mistake and next second is desperately closing the door and panels are rubbing and sometimes they all end up spinning off and damaging their cars. This is NOT motor racing, it is in fact crap and like an under arm bowl in cricket.

Conversely, the "trailing" driver needs to look for an opening, not make one by shoving his/her car up the inside when it was just not on at all. This is not sporting but BS, and the sport has lost something since IMO Senna started this and M. Schumacher took it way too far.

I've always thought that one day when M. Schumacher became a Grandpa that he would regret many of his actions, when an innocent grandson watched his old races and asked questions ... unfortunately he is in a far worse situation :(
Pete
ps: This was not a comment on this Austrian GP at all, which sounds like it was a cracker :)

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
it was easy to take away the victory from the German in Canada, it is not so easy to take it away from Max in Austria, there would have been a riot. it was a bad decision in Canada and it would have been a bad decision in Austria.

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
Conversely, the "trailing" driver needs to look for an opening, not make one by shoving his/her car up the inside when it was just not on at all.
Kind of like when you are passing on a two lane road? If you can't get out and back over before the oncoming car arrives, don't do it.

·
Premium Member
15,417 Posts
Max drives like Schu used to, and I didn't respect him either. He is similarly a bull in a china shop, no grace to his moves, just bumper car stuff.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Max drives like Schu used to, and I didn't respect him either. He is similarly a bull in a china shop, no grace to his moves, just bumper car stuff.
No. That was Max's early F1 style. He learned a lot. Very similar to Suzuka 1989 when Prost steered into Ayrton.

Yesterday it was Leclerc who hit the wheel of Max and NOT vice versa.

·
Registered
11,626 Posts
Ive seen a replay of the pass. Perfectly clean; Leclec needs to be more of a racer as should have made his car wider before the corner.

Yes Max has improved
Pete

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Ive seen a replay of the pass. Perfectly clean; Leclec needs to be more of a racer as should have made his car wider before the corner.

Yes Max has improved
Pete
Absolutely correct, I fully agree.

Leclerc is still too soft when fighting for position. Remembers me a lot to Rosberg in 2014/2015.

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
Jump in here a bit late for the season, what has given the AR car a full second in qualifying and now putting the car in a favorable position for points? The car has run up front in the last race, but you wouldn't know it from Skynet coverage as they are focused on nothing but Haas, Ferrari and Mercedes.

·
Premium Member
15,417 Posts
Great drive by Hamilton whether you like him or not, but I think my nod for driver of the race should go to Leclerc for his superb car handling.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Great drive by Hamilton whether you like him or not, but I think my nod for driver of the race should go to Leclerc for his superb car handling.
Not agree. Mercedes pit wall crew has stolen the win from Bottas with that HAM favourizing strategy.

And Leclercs drive was dirty against Max. This was a kind of style Max used to show 2 years ago.

Vettel no comment. Absolutely disastrous.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Not sure how Mercedesdid anything to favor Hamilton. Botas was hurt by an untimely safety car. The young guns (Verstappen and LaClerc) made Vettel look foolish...

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Kimi before race day.....:thumbup:

Kimi:
“I really enjoyed driving the 1950 Alfetta, it was a bit loud, I should have had worn some earplugs! But it was a great experience."

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
It's been great to see two exciting F1 races in a row. Let's hope the remaining events come close to Austria and Britain.

·
Premium Member
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #298
LeClerc simply listened to those that called him 'soft' in Austria; and gave it back to Maxy in this race. Was great to watch.

Don't know if Vettel broke something; but with a new front wing and tires he should have scored the fast lap point.

Hamilton just played everyone; race fast lap on the last lap with 30 lap old tires !!:devil:

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Dangerous driving (changing line under braking) is not the opposite for soft.

Max's style was again superior to Leclerc's. He didn't learn how to win such a fight, he just drove more dirty.

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
Since this is an Alfa Romeo site: not to forget that Alfa Romeo is improving, by Raikonen arriving at 8th. place and Vettel-Ferrari at 16 th place.

Overall it seems Raikonen is the better driver of the two at the moment, so the Alfa badge moved to the Ferrari with Kimi would be a winner! Obviously the Alfa chassis is not fast enough!

281 - 300 of 454 Posts