Alfa Romeo Forums banner

421 - 440 of 520 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Woo hoo!!!!! THIS is why love F1!!!!! Hey Alonso, where did your 25-point lead go, huh? That's right...you didn't lose it...MICHAEL TOOK IT! Bah hah hah! Man, this is gonna be a great couple of races closing out this season. Come on, Michael!

I agree with the sentiment expressed by many of you: Kubica is a breath of fresh air, isn't he? What a great rookie...lets get him on a top-level team and watch him fly. And young Rosberg will be one to watch as well. And I'm hoping that McDennis will take on Lewis Hamilton for next year, rather than sticking with Pedro D. No offense to Pedro, as he's performed admirably. I just like the idea of new blood, especially with MS calling it a career.

And finally, a note to Fernando: Did you notice what happened to Kimi's car yesterday? Have fun at McDennis next year. Bah hah!!! Cheers all,

David

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #423
davidteachey said:
BTW: What DID happen to Kimi's car yesterday? Did anyone read or hear what the failure was? David
Supposedly throttle control. Maybe Alonso should consult Button and get some advice on voiding his contract, otherwise his current sore loser behaviour is going to get a lot worse next year when he is watching 1/3 of the races from the pit call or his trailer.

It was refreshing to see that on several of the F1 sites the letters all questioned the lack of comment/outrage and the double standard regarding "team orders" regarding Renault yesterday. Apparently I'm not the only one that finds this hypocritical.

How long will the Toyota BoD approve millions for an F1 program that continues to be a disaster? I know they are big and getting bigger but finishing (or not) at the back of the grid every week can't be doing much for the corporate image.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Yep...per Kimi's website, it was throttle activation control that failed, putting the engine/transmission into safety mode, ie NEUTRAL.

David

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #425
How about this one?

From PlanetF1: "Fernando Alonso has sensationally accused Renault of sabotaging his title campaign by making intentional errors during the Chinese Grand Prix."

Is this the sound of an ego-maniac cracking under pressure? His whining after his penalty was bad enough, claiming F1 was not a sport (I guess since he, rather than one of his rivals, was the recipient of a penalty), but now he is claiming his own team is sabotaging him so that he does not take the #1 to McLaren next year. Really Fernando, pull yourself together!

Equally interesting was an article quoting Todt as saying Ferrari may use the same blocking techniques Renault employed in China - running two cars abreast down the straight to prevent any passing. As he reportedly said, if Renault is allowed to do it, then Ferrari may as well - it was a "learning experience."

Things are certainly getting interesting with only two races left.

But really Fernando, get a grip.

·
Banned
6,139 Posts
deltahf_2 said:
How about this one?

From PlanetF1: "Fernando Alonso has sensationally accused Renault of sabotaging his title campaign by making intentional errors during the Chinese Grand Prix."

Is this the sound of an ego-maniac cracking under pressure? His whining after his penalty was bad enough, claiming F1 was not a sport (I guess since he, rather than one of his rivals, was the recipient of a penalty), but now he is claiming his own team is sabotaging him so that he does not take the #1 to McLaren next year. Really Fernando, pull yourself together!

Equally interesting was an article quoting Todt as saying Ferrari may use the same blocking techniques Renault employed in China - running two cars abreast down the straight to prevent any passing. As he reportedly said, if Renault is allowed to do it, then Ferrari may as well - it was a "learning experience."

Things are certainly getting interesting with only two races left.

But really Fernando, get a grip.
Renault couldn't care less about the driver's champinionship, as FA is "moving on". They only want to win the makers cup.

·
Registered
30 Posts
F1 driver comparison

JV –
1. Talks and sings too much
2. Criticizes MS all the time
3. Won championship once with a best car
4. Kubica is showing who JV was, but he is ready to make a excuse: I’ve developed a car! (just like when he was kicked out from BAR)

JPM –
1. Talks too much
2. Criticizes MS
3. Never won championship
4. May win a NASCAR race few times or not

DC –
1. Talks too much
2. Criticizes MS
3. Sent a finger to MS
4. Always has a amazing GF
5. Never won championship

RB –
1. Talks sometime
2. When he joined Ferrari, he said that “I won’t be treated as a 2nd driver, because I’m capable and faster than MS” (never be able to show it to the team)
3. Criticizes MS
4. Never won championship

FA –
1. Talks and complains too much
2. Criticizes MS
3. Won championship once with a best car and tire (IMO: KR was fastest driver and winner of 2005)
4. No loyalty

I think MS is not good enough to be in this group!!!

Ciao

·
Trained (ex)Professional, , 1953-2018 RIP,
16,232 Posts
So what's your point? F1 drivers talk? That they all critique MS? Everybody can't be wrong.

·
Registered
619 Posts
I am sitting here practically trembling like a junkie needing a hit....I CANNOT WAIT for these next two races!!! What an exciting way to finish the season. I have one over-riding hope: that Michael and Fernando do it clean. No "taking one another out" or such crap. Done cleanly, this will be a Championship finale to remember. Go Michael!

David

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
davidteachey said:
I am sitting here practically trembling like a junkie needing a hit....I CANNOT WAIT for these next two races!!! What an exciting way to finish the season. I have one over-riding hope: that Michael and Fernando do it clean. No "taking one another out" or such crap. Done cleanly, this will be a Championship finale to remember. Go Michael!

David
This is true, I can't wait to see the last two races after watching Shanghai!

·
Registered
340 Posts
My man is going to do it AGAIN!!!!!!! Where have all the Schumacher haters gone ???????????

·
Registered
30 Posts
papajam said:
So what's your point? F1 drivers talk? That they all critique MS? Everybody can't be wrong.
I think I should put you on the list too, just kidding.
My point is that how great MS is. It’s that simple!

I don’t know what your problem is, but most people know that MS is fastest, greatest and nicest F1 driver. No F1 driver will break his records, no F1 driver will donate 60mil for poor children all over the world, and no F1 driver will make a family team as MS has done.

According to some news source, BS will bring special rain tires for JP GP. Also, it’s going to be sunny day on Sunday.

Ciao

·
Trained (ex)Professional, , 1953-2018 RIP,
16,232 Posts
ORVIETO said:
I don’t know what your problem is,...
Reading a post like that from a newbie who hasn't previously read a veteran posters previous posts on the subject.

Closed minded individuals who not only refuse to accept another persons opinion but are resistant to even identifying with it.

Not being able to get the connection between donating money for a cause and the WDC.

BTW, welcome to the BB! :)

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
papajam said:
Closed minded individuals who not only refuse to accept another persons opinion but are resistant to even identifying with it.
I agree, I don't need to be here since the opening of the BB to be able to accept one's opinion. Everyone is entitled to one and I respect yours...

·
Registered
95 Posts
ORVIETO said:
... but most people know that MS is fastest, greatest and nicest F1 driver...

Ciao
Are you quite sure about that one ? :rolleyes: :)
he is good but this is first time anyone accused him of being nice ! :)

·
Registered
619 Posts
If Michael wins on Sunday, and Alonso finishes out of the points, then it's game over Alonso. An unlikely result, but possible (it's already happened once, when Alonso's engine blew). Go Michael!

David

·
Registered
30 Posts
papajam said:
Reading a post like that from a newbie who hasn't previously read a veteran posters previous posts on the subject.

Not being able to get the connection between donating money for a cause and the WDC.

BTW, welcome to the BB! :)
I felt very similar way when I read your posts against mine.
You are right. I hadn’t read older posts. I just scanned only several of the newest posts. I have no intension and time to read all of them.

“Not being able to get the connection between donating money for a cause and the WDC.” I don’t know what that mean?

Anyway, I love Italy, Ferrari, Alfa, and MS. We have had a number of trips to Italy and continue to go there every year. I’ve just attached to Italy and MS strongly.

“Come on. This is an Italian car BBS, what is your problem!” That is how I felt when I posted (I know that anybody can talk about anything anywhere). Is that closed minded? Is that bothering others that much so somebody has to say “I don’t have to be here”?

Well, I am just newbie who loves Italy, Ferrari, Alfa, and MS very much, that’s all I can say…

Thank you for welcoming me.

421 - 440 of 520 Posts