Alfa Romeo Forums banner

341 - 360 of 520 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #342
Webber joins RBR, from offical F1 site:

"Red Bull Racing have confirmed Mark Webber and David Coulthard as their 2007 race line-up. The news, announced Monday, comes just days after Williams revealed they would be parting company with Webber at the end of this season"

I also saw some more on the MS - Heidfeld incident that led to MS' retirement with a broken track rod. While to most of us his aggressive defending a hopeless cause with 7 laps to go against De la Rosa and then Heidfeld appeared (and was) counterproductive, MS said in an interview that it is the only way he knows to race (110%) and while he regrets that it led to his retirement he would do the same again rather than cede a position.

·
Registered
242 Posts
ALFA-75-MAN said:
Well too wierd of a race I'm really surprised how the English commentators reacted to Button winning they really showed there colours yikes! They should have been happy but not to that point.
I'm English and that sucked. by the way i think that James Allen is a handcranker of the highest order. He was imho trying to emulate the great Murray Walker and he aint got it.:mad:

·
Registered
619 Posts
Brad, Brad, Brad....I didn't say JV couldn't drive. I said he's WHINY. He's a pompous, pouty little child who WHINES whenever things don't go his way. This is not a reflection on his driving, it's a reflection on his personality. Understand the difference? And amazingly, no, I haven't won a World Championship. But you already knew that, so why the rhetorical question? Are you RELATED to JV or something? Wait, axe that last question...no need to be RHETORICAL, right? Hahahahahahaha! Cheers mate,

David

·
Registered
862 Posts
JV- Yes I agree a good driver but at this level most of these drivers are. Being whiny (spelling?) I don't know it's hard to understand what this guys a truly like based on 30 seconds of hearing them talk. I think moving to Nascar is a big step down but maybe the money may be the key to Montoya moving. I didn't mind him leaving at all.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Turkey=Ferrari pit stop

Okay I love Ferrari and Shumi but what was Ferrari thinking bringing two cars in at the same time? Yet again Alonso capitalizes and Ferraris bud jusdgement. Seems like Ferrari can never get the safety car pit stop correct.

All in all nice race Shumi is far from being over the hill and Alonso will most likely win another title mostly from Ferrari gifts and bad luck. But I guess thats racing?

Oh well interesting finish I hope Ferrari wins constructors.:cool:

·
Registered
518 Posts
They really had no choice, the pitstop window was open and not stopping under the safety car would have cost who ever did not stop around 20-30secs when they did stop under racing. Once you are 'in the window' for a stop and the safety car is deployed there is no real option.

·
Registered
454 Posts
AllthingsZagato said:
They really had no choice, the pitstop window was open and not stopping under the safety car would have cost who ever did not stop around 20-30secs when they did stop under racing. Once you are 'in the window' for a stop and the safety car is deployed there is no real option.
+1
and even so without Michael's heavy understear in turn 8 (which erase the gap from 3,5 to 9 seconds),he would had probably overtake Alonso after his second pit stop.

·
Registered
862 Posts
What upsets me is Ferrari and Shumi are giving the championship away. Shumi trying to stay in front of cars a few weeks back and now this latest episode with pit stop. If the ferrari team only brought Shumi in we would be having a different discussion. I hate seeing Alonso win on stupid mistakes we are not talking about mickey mouse teams here. This is Ferrari and it shouldn't happen. I've got to say Renault doesn't seem to make stupid mistakes. But this could be my lack of attention and concentrating too much on Ferrari.

Anyway Shumi seems to be down in the dumps lately wonder whats up with him? It just shows money and fame don't necessarly make a person happy.

Four races left look forward to Monza and the rest foza Shumi!!!!!!!!!!

Okay Papajam Fernando the man who sqeeks by like a terd out of my behind! Yes he's winning but what a fake champion settles for coasting to a championship. That in itself makes me dislike him and his bushy eyebrows. Okay what can I say Shumi won't get any recognition till he either dies or retires. But he arguably the best ever seen......

I agree with your Massa comment nice to see him so happy brought to tears great!

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #352
Ferrari's decision to let them race during the first part of the race, and then make Michael wait for Massa in the pits kind of blows the whole "conspiracy" theories out the window. I can't say I agree - Massa was in the lighter car so an early lead change might have been difficult to manage with Alonso close, but I would have brought Michael in first and then had Massa come in on the next lap. That would have reversed the finish for Ferrari and closed the gap to 8. Oh well.

Now that Massa won on try #66 I wonder if Sir Jackie and all the other pundits will begin building him up as a future WDC as they did after Button's victory in Hungary. And Massa won in spite of the supposed "team orders" and with all the top drivers - Kimi on the track. Congrats Felipe!

·
Registered
518 Posts
But.... If they had left Massa out for another lap his race would have effectively been over. Ferrari were concerned about tyre wear in the mid stint on a heavily fuelled Schumacher car so needed Massa to cover.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Turkey GP

While there are a lot of positive and negative things to be said about many of the drivers, teams, and FIA management, I must say this :

That race was the most exiting F1 event in the dry that I have seen in a long, long time. LOTS of battles throughout the field ! LOTS of passing ! A nail biting final 13 lap battle for 2nd place ! no Montoya punting someone off the track ! and a fresh face at the top of the podium ! If only all the races were that exiting . . .

my $.02 about the Ferrari pitstop :
While it happened, I thought it was a monumental mistake to stack the two drivers during the yellow flag pit stop, allowing Fernando to make the pass. But the pace car was only out ONE lap ! If Ferrari had either one of the drivers wait, and pit on the next lap, that driver would have lost A LOT more time on the track ! Then Massa would have not won his first race, or Shumacher would probably not have been battling for 2nd at the end. So it seems to me, that the decision was lucky, or someone had better foresight than many of us about the length of the full course yellow. Could you imagine the flak we would be giving Ferrari now, if they had denied Massa his first ever victory because of pit stop strategy !?

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #355
darth dino said:
Could you imagine the flak we would be giving Ferrari now, if they had denied Massa his first ever victory because of pit stop strategy !?
One of the drivers that I always liked and feel most sorry for is Mika Salo, who filled in for Schumi in 1999 and let Irvine through to win the German GP. Irvine supposedly gave him the trophy, but that was his only chance to win a GP.

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Further to a fax vote of the World Motor Sport Council the following calendar has been approved for the 2007 FIA Formula One World Championship. We see that the Belgian Grand Prix at Spa-Francorchamps is back on the calendar after a year of absence. There are 17 races scheduled for the 2007 F1 season.

Australia: March 18
Malaysia: April 08
Bahrain: April 15
Spain: May 13
Monaco: May 27
Canada: June 10
United States: June 17
France: July 01
United Kingdom: July 08
Germany: July 22
Hungary: August 05
Turkey: August 26
Italy: September 09
Belgium: September 16
China: September 30
Japan: October 07
Brazil: October 21

No San Marino or European GP.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Which truncated-version-of-a-formerly-exciting-circuit will Germany be running in 07 under the new alternating arrangement.. Hockenheim or Nurburgring??

·
Registered
619 Posts
Alfa 75 Man: Don't forget Michael's Monaco qualifying idiocy...that probably cost him a likely 2nd place in the race, and the valuable points that would have come with it.

Matt: "Letting them race" is a likely result of Ferrari wanting to avoid anything that even vaguely resembles Austria a few years ago (granted, the Austria affront occurred on the last corner of the race...and this IS a team sport).

PY105: It's still unknown which track will host the German GP in '07...can you say "bidding war"?

The GP this weekend was almost as exciting as the splash-fest in Hungary...that was the two most exiting back-to-back races we've seen in a long time, yes? I love F1!!!!!!!!!!

David

·
Registered
619 Posts
Per bbc.com , Ferrari is set to announce their '07 drivers lineup at Monza next weekend. This should be VERY interesting. Cheers all,

David

341 - 360 of 520 Posts