Alfa Romeo Forums banner

301 - 320 of 520 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,259 Posts
Sorry... I fell asleep during this one too. Too boring to rewind and actually try to sit through it. Did Michael do something else questionable?

Yawn
Sprintn
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
454 Posts
Sprintn said:
Sorry... I fell asleep during this one too. Too boring to rewind and actually try to sit through it. Did Michael do something else questionable?

Yawn
Sprintn
No he didn't.Or did he??
Anyway. It would be a good idea to change the title of this thread.The correct one should be "Put Michael Schumacher on public trial":p :p :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,625 Posts
CarlosSpider said:
Sorry, nothing about MS.

Is a spanish newspaper. It says that Renault wants Raikkonen in their F1 team for the next year.
http://www.elmundo.es/elmundodeporte/2006/07/19/motor/1153308289.html
Well it actually is. MS being the insecure poof that he is will not allow a competitive team mate ... so is barring Raikkonen from coming to Ferrari.

Why he is so insecure is beyond me ... how much more fun would the MS's years have been if he had a real team mate. Somebody to actually race against.

Prost had the balls to allow Senna to play with the same toy and we spectators had the best racing F1 has ever given us ... watching MS cruise to victory after victory is about as exciting as checking navel hair.

Thank god for Renault and Alonso!, but unfortunately Michelin have obviously slowed their development because not Bridgestone have the advantage. Fair enough Michelin as they are not playing in F1 next year, but MS will probably walk the rest of the season ... atleast Alonso has a lead to defend, which might make it interesting.

Pete
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,259 Posts
The personalities in F1 and team/driver dyanamics is more exciting than the racing!!! Sorry... but i don't call Massa parking his car in front of Alonso so that Micheal can drive away, racing of any kind. The only race there that existed was that for the holeshot at turn one on the first lap.
Who took third?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,625 Posts
Sprintn said:
The personalities in F1 and team/driver dyanamics is more exciting than the racing!!! Sorry... but i don't call Massa parking his car in front of Alonso so that Micheal can drive away, racing of any kind. The only race there that existed was that for the holeshot at turn one on the first lap.
Who took third?
Sprintn,

Was this in reply to my post?, or just a general comment. I agree buy the way. MS using his slower team mates as sheilds is pathetic and bad for the sport and his own image.

Pete
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,259 Posts
Pete,

No... it was just a general comment. I'm just frusturated because I love F1 and all that surrounds it, but the rulse are such that the cars are such that they loose all of there performance when they get close enough to pass. It is at that exact point when the cars need that performance the most! So... I'm actually not joking when I say i can't get through a race w/out falling to sleep. Kind of Ironic... I can read F1 Racing cover to cover, but I can't get through a race! LOL!!!

Sprintn
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
880 Posts
And it's another Ferrari 1-2 sweep!!:D :D
Ferrari dominated the race as expected and are 11 points behind renault in the driver and constructor championship.
It seems Alonso is slippen but Michael will be more then willing to capitalize off of Alonso's misfortunes.
If Ferrari keep up the outstanding performance and strategy Michael and Ferrari have a good shot of winning the world championship.:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,454 Posts
And another DNF for Webber. Williams are going to struggle to pay for Toyota engines and keep him, he sounded very disgruntled with the current state of affairs. My guess is Renault, he would fit in better there under the watchful eye of Flavio. Does anyone know if Fisi's contract ends this year?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #312
Speaking of Fisi...

PSk said:
MS using his slower team mates as sheilds is pathetic and bad for the sport and his own image.
Pete
So how do you feel about Fisi "shielding" Alonso last weekend after he went off course?

Todt's comments after the race certainly fueled the speculation that Kimi has already been signed, but I have also seen pieces that say that it is only an option that must be exercised this weekend or Kimi gets a buyout. It would be great to see him in a Ferrari, he has been let down the last several years by his car and is a championship caliber driver.

As much as I dislike F1 as a "tire series," I have to admit the change in fortunes has livened up what was a dull runaway season.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
619 Posts
Williams has dumped Webber for '07...Alexander Wurz will partner Rosberg. Perhaps Webber to Renault? Flav is his manager, after all.

I don't mind the "shielding"...don't forget that F1 is a team sport, like it or not. It's a team sport. More so than any other form of motor racing. Cheers,

David
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,625 Posts
deltahf_2 said:
Speaking of Fisi...



So how do you feel about Fisi "shielding" Alonso last weekend after he went off course?

Todt's comments after the race certainly fueled the speculation that Kimi has already been signed, but I have also seen pieces that say that it is only an option that must be exercised this weekend or Kimi gets a buyout. It would be great to see him in a Ferrari, he has been let down the last several years by his car and is a championship caliber driver.

As much as I dislike F1 as a "tire series," I have to admit the change in fortunes has livened up what was a dull runaway season.
I haven't watched a F1 race for ages ... but Fisi is completely useless and has no place in F1, thus I'm surprised he can even go fast enough to shield the pace car :D.

Considering this is the second half of the series ... protecting a worthwhile driver like Alonso's lead I have to problem with ... but Ferrari do it from race 1 of the year :mad:, and hire drivers purposely to sheild.
Pete
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #315
davidteachey said:
Williams has dumped Webber for '07...Alexander Wurz will partner Rosberg. Perhaps Webber to Renault? Flav is his manager, after all.
David
Wurz back in a race seat? That's unexpected - I'm not a big Webbo fan but the UK pundits all rave about him and I expected him to stay - maybe more money problems at Williams? Well, someone else to show Fisi up, much as I like him he has been a disappointment the last two years and there is no reason to expect a change. First Montoya, now Webber, who will be next to get the boot, Massa?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,625 Posts
davidteachey said:
Williams has dumped Webber for '07...Alexander Wurz will partner Rosberg. Perhaps Webber to Renault? Flav is his manager, after all.

I don't mind the "shielding"...don't forget that F1 is a team sport, like it or not. It's a team sport. More so than any other form of motor racing. Cheers,

David
There is no way Williams dumped Webber ... Webber finally has seen the light and not renewed his contract with the now absolutely crap team called Williams.

Both Williams and McLaren are on the slippery slope down hill ... Williams is though winning this race to extinction fast!

Hopefully Webber will now accept the Renault drive he was offered a year or 2 ago (but is it too late as Renault are struggling now) ... loyal idiot that he is ... could have been leading a WC, instead of playing loyal to an old team that has forgotten how to race.
Pete
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,454 Posts
deltahf_2I'm not a big Webbo fan but the UK pundits all rave about him and I expected him to stay - maybe more money problems at Williams? Well said:
If Kimi decides to stay put I would think massa will stay, apart from his haphazard start to the season he has pretty much done what has been asked.

I doubt Williams do have the money for Webber next year, the car looks very blank already and the Toyota engine deal will put them back further. Rosberg is cheap still on 2nd year wages but Webber needs to start looking for a serious race seat or he could become the next Andrea de Cesaris.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,625 Posts
py105 said:
I doubt Williams do have the money for Webber next year, the car looks very blank already and the Toyota engine deal will put them back further. Rosberg is cheap still on 2nd year wages but Webber needs to start looking for a serious race seat or he could become the next Andrea de Cesaris.
Well said.

Pete
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
454 Posts
PSk said:
I haven't watched a F1 race for ages ... but Fisi is completely useless and has no place in F1, thus I'm surprised he can even go fast enough to shield the pace car :D.

Considering this is the second half of the series ... protecting a worthwhile driver like Alonso's lead I have to problem with ... but Ferrari do it from race 1 of the year :mad:, and hire drivers purposely to sheild.
Pete

Just like Ferrari did at Malaysian GP of this season.
At least according to your signature,what we are saying is just opinions.Not proven facts.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
619 Posts
Matt,

I think Massa is doing an admirable job, actually. He's not The Next Ayrton Senna or anything, but he's doing fine. Same with Fisi...he's not all-brilliant all-the-time, but he's not exactly terrible either. Wanna gripe about "shielding"? Then look no futher than Jarno "Roadblock" Trulli!

Check out bbc.com for F1 info. Their F1 coverage is better than some of the actual F1 sites' coverage, I think! Go to bbc.com, then Sport, then Motorsports, then Formula One. Good stuff, it is.

David
 
301 - 320 of 520 Posts
Top