Alfa Romeo Forums banner

281 - 300 of 520 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
So Renault used harder compond tire to play it safe? So what does that mean exactly? They don't have a good tire for fast speeds? I think they have had problems at Indy just like last year. I don't agree with any of your reasoning Fisi was better than Alonso hence the third place finish. Forza Ferrari, Forza Azzuri e tutti altre andate a Napoli!!!!!!!!!! I wanted to say something else but Napoli will have to do.:D

·
Registered
11,639 Posts
ALFA-75-MAN said:
Don't get your point gift weekend? I think Ferrari have less fuel and will be looking at Massa to slow the cars so MS will be able to pull away. Sham race don't understand that comment. Look forward to your next post...As far as 1-2 large gap I think Alonso and others will make it a good race the track is wide maybe some passing?

Thanks
Ofcourse this race was a sham ... nearly as bad as last years.

Michelin had to run this year or the FIA were going to rape them, thus naturally they went with a conservative tyre (they hardly want a repeat of last years failures do they?). Bridgestone who raced last year and have much more data were able to take a competitive tyre and hence the massive performance of the Ferrari team.

Thus this race was a walkover, but congrats to Bridgestone.

Next year will be the first Indy RACE for 3 years!! :rolleyes: thanks to returning to a control tyre ... atlast!
Pete

·
Premium Member
6,681 Posts
PSk said:
Next year will be the first Indy RACE for 3 years!! :rolleyes: thanks to returning to a control tyre ... atlast!
Pete
That is if they even go back there next year... They need to boot the Champ Cars out of Long Beach GP and bring back Formula 1!

·
Registered
645 Posts
Yep France grand prix will show the truth. Is Ferrari back up front or Michelin didn t take any chance with the Indy track? And Renault will have a new evolution of their engine. This grand prix is usually boring with out passing so being first on the line is an advantage. We will see...

·
Registered
862 Posts
Well thanks for explaining the sham part pertains to the inability of Michelin to produce a proper tire. Be it lack of testing at Indy etc...

Its my hope that Bridgestone continue to improve so MS can make a run at the championship.

Anyway thanks....

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
The problem last year and this year is that Michelin was not permitted to test at Indy. Bridgestone can make use of the data from a certain other tire company that runs regularly at the brickyard. Don't worry, Bridgestone will soon have a monopoly in F1.

·
Registered
11,639 Posts
GTV4EVR said:
The problem last year and this year is that Michelin was not permitted to test at Indy. Bridgestone can make use of the data from a certain other tire company that runs regularly at the brickyard. Don't worry, Bridgestone will soon have a monopoly in F1.
Bridgestone ran tests at some other track too ... to simulate loads. I wish I could remember where but I hardly ever post on FerrariChat anymore. Michelin simply thought Indy was just another track and didn't take this testing opportunity (last year).

Anyway I'm really glad that we are moving back to a single tyre supplier. This WILL reduce costs more than any other change as testing requirements will drop significantly as will lap speeds.

So lets see Bridgestone have won, er, about 7 WC's and Michelin the last 2 ... now what cars were they again. Oh that's right they really don't matter much when we have a tyre war ;) :D

Pete

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Who one?... I fell asleep during it. So Boring. We need to go back to one tire manufacturer, slicks, no fuel stops, and get rid of all those frigg'n aero winglets and crap... aside from the front and rear wing!!!! Make these things less reliable on aero grip and more so on mechanical grip so we can see some racing on the track and not in the pits!!!! Even to this commited fan and racer... F1 is kind of starting to suck. IMHO :)

·
Registered
11,639 Posts
Sprintn said:
Who one?... I fell asleep during it. So Boring. We need to go back to one tire manufacturer, slicks, no fuel stops, and get rid of all those frigg'n aero winglets and crap... aside from the front and rear wing!!!! Make these things less reliable on aero grip and more so on mechanical grip so we can see some racing on the track and not in the pits!!!! Even to this commited fan and racer... F1 is kind of starting to suck. IMHO :)
Agree :).

Pete

·
Registered
244 Posts
The last charismatic driver in F1 with excellent car control. No doubt Nascar will be more enjoyable for Juan in all aspects.

·
Premium Member
1,535 Posts
Finlandese said:
Newsflash:

It´s official, Montoya to NASCAR in 2007!
I may actually start watching NASCAR next year, besides the usual, two: Watkins Glen and Sears Point (Infineon)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Montoya sacked

McLaren has released Montoya from his contract. So I guess his last race was the recent USGP. Pedro de la Rosa is rumoured to take over the second McLaren for the remainder of the season.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #296
CarlosSpider said:
Confirmed:
Pedro de la Rosa will drive the McLaren at the next GP.

After France, nobody knows for now who will be the driver.
No matter who it is they will likely put in a better performance than Montoya has, since they will be looking to impress to get a ride next year. While Montoya has terrific natural talent and showed some promise when he came to F1, this year he has been a real disappointment and looked like he was mailing it in.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Excerpts from:

THE BIG LIST OF INTERESTING THINGS TO WATCH

[snip]

3649. NASCAR race

[snip]

8002. Superbowl halftime show.

[snip]

10457. Televised golf.

[snip]

18346. Grass growing
18348 (tie). 2006 Formula 1 race
18348 (tie). Paint drying
18349. Dirt

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #298
French GP results:

01 M. Schumacher Ferrari 1:32:07.803
02 F. Alonso Renault + 10.131
03 F. Massa Ferrari + 12.546
04 R. Schumacher Toyota + 27.212
05 K. Räikkönen McLaren + 33.006
06 G. Fisichella Renault + 45.265
07 P. de la Rosa McLaren + 49.407
08 N. Heidfeld BMW + 1 laps
09 D. Coulthard Red Bull + 1 laps
10 S. Speed Scuderia Toro Rosso + 1 laps
11 J. Villeneuve BMW + 1 laps
12 C. Klien Red Bull + 1 laps
13 V. Liuzzi Scuderia Toro Rosso + 1 laps
14 N. Rosberg Williams + 2 laps
15 C. Albers Midland F1 + 2 laps
16 F. Montagny Super Aguri + 3 laps

Did not finish
17 J. Button Honda + 9 laps
18 M. Webber Williams + 16 laps
19 J. Trulli Toyota + 28 laps
20 R. Barrichello Honda + 52 laps
21 T. Monteiro Midland F1 + 56 laps
22 T. Sato Super Aguri + 70 laps

Ferrari's continued strength seems to indicate that Indy was not simply due to weak Michelins. It would be nice if they have finally gotten it together and there will be a championship challenge.

·
Premium Member
1,535 Posts
If Ferrari can keep the momentum to Hockenheim, we'll really have a chamionship chase on. Also, it was good to see Scott Speed out qualify and have a better result than his teamate--he seems to be getting better as the season wears on.

·
Premium Member
15,425 Posts
MS's career is chock full of the same very unsportsmanlike behavior. He may be a brilliant driver, but has no ethics. Trouble is, people have let him get away with it for absolutely years. There were at least two championships he shouldn't have gotten due to unethical behavior. Can't deny his talent, but boy is he classless. I refuse to believe that it takes that sort of behavior in order to be world class, too many other examples.

281 - 300 of 520 Posts