Alfa Romeo Forums banner

241 - 260 of 520 Posts

·
Registered
11,618 Posts
Atleast this season has been interesting :) ...

Pete

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #243
P3 for Michael and P4 for Massa for the British GP tomorrow. Much as I hate to admit it, Alonso (P1... again) looked superb and unbeatable.

Qualy results:

POS DRIVER NATIONALITY ENTRANT TIME
1. Fernando Alonso Spain Renault 1:20.253
2. Kimi Raikkonen Finland McLaren-Mercedes 1:20.397
3. Michael Schumacher Germany Ferrari 1:20.574
4. Felipe Massa Brazil Ferrari 1:20.764
5. Giancarlo Fisichella Italy Renault 1:20.919
6. Rubens Barrichello Brazil Honda 1:20.943
7. Ralf Schumacher Germany Toyota 1:21.073
8. Juan Pablo Montoya Colombia McLaren-Mercedes 1:21.107
9. Nick Heidfeld Germany Sauber-BMW 1:21.329
10. Jacques Villeneuve Canada Sauber-BMW 1:21.599
11. David Coulthard Britain Red Bull-Ferrari 1:21.442
12. Nico Rosberg Germany Williams-Cosworth 1:21.567
13. Vitantonio Liuzzi Italy Toro Rosso-Cosworth 1:21.699
14. Christian Klien Austria Red Bull-Ferrari 1:21.990
15. Scott Speed United States Toro Rosso-Cosworth 1:22.076
16. Tiago Monteiro Portugal MF1-Toyota 1:22.207
17. Mark Webber Australia Williams-Cosworth 1:23.129
18. Christijan Albers Netherlands MF1-Toyota 1:23.210
19. Jenson Button Britain Honda 1:23.247
20. Takuma Sato Japan Super Aguri-Honda 1:26.158
21. Franck Montagny France Super Aguri-Honda 1:26.316
22. Jarno Trulli Italy Toyota No Time

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #244
Interesting post-qualy quote:

David Coulthard, Red Bull (11th, 1m 21.442s):
“I think we made some improvements in qualifying compared to this morning, so I’m happy with that but obviously I’m disappointed with what happened with Montoya. He obviously made a mistake on his flying lap and then, in trying to make me pay for his pain, he drove slowly round the end of the lap before I could start mine. So, we’ll have a Stewards enquiry to see what happens there, but to me it was deliberate action, which impeded another driver.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #245
Results:

1. Fernando Alonso Spain Renault 60 1h25m51.927
2. Michael Schumacher Germany Ferrari 60 13.9
3. Kimi Raikkonen Finland McLaren-Mercedes 60 18.6
4. Giancarlo Fisichella Italy Renault 60 19.9
5. Felipe Massa Brazil Ferrari 60 31.5
6. Juan Pablo Montoya Colombia McLaren-Mercedes 60 1m04.7
7. Nick Heidfeld Germany Sauber-BMW 60 1m11.5
8. Jacques Villeneuve Canada Sauber-BMW 60 1m18.2
9. Nico Rosberg Germany Williams-Cosworth 60 1m19.0
10. Rubens Barrichello Brazil Honda 59 1 Lap
11. Jarno Trulli Italy Toyota 59 1 Lap
12. David Coulthard Britain Red Bull-Ferrari 59 1 Lap
13. Vitantonio Liuzzi Italy Toro Rosso-Cosworth 59 1 Lap
14. Christian Klien Austria Red Bull-Ferrari 59 1 Lap
15. Christijan Albers Netherlands MF1-Toyota 59 1 Lap
16. Tiago Monteiro Portugal MF1-Toyota 58 2 Laps
17. Takuma Sato Japan Super Aguri-Honda 57 3 Laps
18. Franck Montagny France Super Aguri-Honda 57 3 Laps

R Jenson Button Britain Honda 8 Engine
R Scott Speed United States Toro Rosso-Cosworth 1 Damage
R Ralf Schumacher Germany Toyota 0 Accident
R Mark Webber Australia Williams-Cosworth 0 Accident

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #246
Follow up to the Coulthard-Montoya incident:

Coulthard had likened a talk with Montoya to "trying to communicate with a chimpanzee" after their qualifying spat but the Scotsman apologised on Sunday.

·
Registered
91 Posts
deltahf_2,

Keke Rosberg has admitted that he may have been a little harsh in his criticism of Michael Schumacher, following his Monaco incident, and has apologized to the German driver.
Would you mind posting a link to that story? All the other media, that has quoted the story on a german magazine Bild say (correctly) that Keke has apologized for using harsh language, not changed his views on the incident nor on Schumacher himself in anyway.

And now for the gutter..

My apologies for everyone, for my part in dragging this thread towards an average F1 bulletin board.

ALFA-75-MAN,

Oh one more think Keke Rosberg what did you do better? You shot off your mouth before your mind realized your son is racing now and maybe somone like Shumi might remember your big mouth. Or you just stupid!

How old are you? Five?..

GTV116,

Oh yes!!!Mr Keke Rosberg!!
Τhe one, who managed to win the 1982 WC (44 points), after Pironi's(39 points) tragical accident,scoring just one win (swiss GP)!!!!
Since you obviously didn´t follow the 1982 season (If you did, you´d realise how silly you come off), I´d suggest you stick to issues that you are even remotely familiar with.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Finlandese said:
deltahf_2,

Would you mind posting a link to that story? All the other media, that has quoted the story on a german magazine Bild say (correctly) that Keke has apologized for using harsh language, not changed his views on the incident nor on Schumacher himself in anyway.

And now for the gutter..

My apologies for everyone, for my part in dragging this thread towards an average F1 bulletin board.

ALFA-75-MAN,

How old are you? Five?..

GTV116,

Since you obviously didn´t follow the 1982 season (If you did, you´d realise how silly you come off), I´d suggest you stick to issues that you are even remotely familiar with.
Whether or not i watched the 1982 season is of no significance (by the way, i did watch it).What is significant,however, is history and the official archives of F1,which justify my view regarding the way Rosberg won the championship of 1982, and that in the years to come he took a turn towards mediocrity.
Next time you attempt to impress this forum you should base yourself on true events and not on personal insults.Otherwise do me a favour and don't post on this thread again and occupy yourself with your other interests, one of which i must point out,may have dire consequences for your mind and critical ability.

·
Registered
91 Posts
GTV116

Well you sure can dish it, but you still seem to have some work to do in taking it..

Oh, you watched the 1982 season?!? Well, let´s just say that your view isn´t the way the majority of the community looks back at the season (for example Autosport rates it as one of the most competetive ever).

Still waiting for that removal of the permanent chief judge in F1 that you (with your secret inside info) said was immenent..

One one matter you are right(!!): I probably should occupy myself with my other intrests, as this is going in a way of that old joke about special olympics/arguing in the internet.

Have a ball!

·
Registered
454 Posts
Finlandese said:
GTV116

Well you sure can dish it, but you still seem to have some work to do in taking it..

Oh, you watched the 1982 season?!? Well, let´s just say that your view isn´t the way the majority of the community looks back at the season (for example Autosport rates it as one of the most competetive ever).

Still waiting for that removal of the permanent chief judge in F1 that you (with your secret inside info) said was immenent..

One one matter you are right(!!): I probably should occupy myself with my other intrests, as this is going in a way of that old joke about special olympics/arguing in the internet.

Have a ball!
Since your English is so good, I never spoke about a"competitive" or "uncompetitive" season. The bottom line is that Pironi who was paralysed in the practice runs of the German GP (where he was poleman) lost the remaining 5 races of the season. Ferrari competed with only one car in three of those 5 races. In the end Rosberg managed to win the championship with only a five point difference from Pironi.
Rosberg, who in 1987 didn't find a ****pit to compete in, has the audacity to criticise the person who has won 7 world championships all of whose opponents took part in each race and were of sound body and mind!#!
And as for "El" Tony Scott Andrews, be patient just a little bit longer!

Ditto!

·
Registered
11,618 Posts
Rosberg was a very brave driver, and I'm pretty sure he holds the fastest every lap at Silverstone which has everybodies knees knocking :) ... since then the track has been slowed/changed.

Pironi was not a man of honour in my book ... but ofcourse I'm not saying he deserved to be paralysed. But then again maybe I am blaming the wrong person for the bitter fight between Villeneuve (the real one) and Pironi.

In the end you can either simply look at statistics that are written down, OR remember how it really was, as numbers don't tell the full picture. IMO the most competitive time in F1 was the early 60's, as that is when we had the most WC's competing against each other.

MS will win the records battle, that is all ... especially now :(. Alonso may become one of the worlds most revered champions for beating the 'unsporting dominator' of the sport ...

Anyway the last race was boring.
Pete

·
1966-2013
13,741 Posts
Senna never banged wheels repeatedly with opponents to try and crowd them off the track.

Gilles Villinueve would never consider crowding or bumping.

Nikki Lauda was an all 'round nice guy and would never resort to any shennanigans to gain an advantage over his opponents.

Elain Prost couldn't dream of chopping off other cars.

Jean Alesi was a well balanced sportsmanlike gentleman who never got so mad he would do anything possible short of outright running into an opponent.

Jack Brabham would never even think of snapping off a mirror or other small within reach bit of car to bounce off the track at a following opponent who was faster.

John Surtees wouldn't plow the back of anyone under braking to make a pass.

Even Alberto Ascari and Juan Manuel Fangio were above trying to get to the debris on the corners so that they didn't fling crap all over the track to slow up opposition.

Michael Schumacher is the only 'dirty' driver in F1 history ever.......

Take the blinders off people. ****.

·
Registered
11,618 Posts
Tifosi said:
Senna never banged wheels repeatedly with opponents to try and crowd them off the track.

Michael Schumacher is the only 'dirty' driver in F1 history ever.......

Take the blinders off people. ****.
Can't you the very big difference in stopping on the track to block others qualifying lap.

All the others were in the heat of the moment incidents and part of racing ... MS's move at Monaco was a pre thought out plan. Big difference in my book. The only one who comes close was Senna who planned (before the race) to push Prost off at Suzuka.

Look I'm over it ... some people (including supporters) are so desperate to win they will take anything. I think there is a right way.
Pete

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Wait a minute... Senna's actions were in retaliation for Prost closing the door on him befor they even got to the corner, the previous year. Senna drove up the inside and Prost chopped across his front end. Had Senna not been there, Prost would have drove into the grass he turned in on Senna so early!
You can all see where my Allegiances lie. LOL!!! :)

Sprintn

·
Registered
11,618 Posts
Sprintn said:
Wait a minute... Senna's actions were in retaliation for Prost closing the door on him befor they even got to the corner, the previous year. Senna drove up the inside and Prost chopped across his front end. Had Senna not been there, Prost would have drove into the grass he turned in on Senna so early!
You can all see where my Allegiances lie. LOL!!! :)

Sprintn
There is nothing illegal about closing the door ... ;). Senna was dreaming to think he would have pulled that pass off.

Anyway the point still stands that MS's actions (and Senna's) have lowered the standards of the sport. Now many think that crashing into another car is part of 'real' motor racing ... and it's not.

Gilles Villeneuve was mentioned in an earlier post ... he used to bang wheels, not purposely knock the other driver off. Rubbing paint and banging wheels is perfectly fine.

I would be satisfied if the FIA decided to take their super licence of MS, after the Monaco incident.
Pete

·
Registered
11,618 Posts
Velocess said:
2006 has been a great year for F1 so far. But for a number of years one thing is true:

MS has been my favorite dirty little b*tch.
LOL ... brilliant post :D :D

Pete

·
Registered
454 Posts
Dear PSk
I am still expecting an answer.Which of Schumacher's world titles, was a result of team orders or unfair,illegall and dirty moves over or against his opponents.
Before you mention the 94 WC,try to have a flash back in the 94 season.Do you remember that MS was disqualified at the Belgian GP (although he won it) and had a two race ban (Italian &Portuguese GP),because FIA had decided that the floorpan of his Benetton was illegal?It was that decision, which gave Hill some chances to claim the title, in a ruther dull season (by the way Hill "won" those three races).All of you are focusing on the incident of the Australian GP (last race).And put the blame on MS,although FIA never punished him and even the intolerant british press put the blame on Hill's lack of experience.Would it be fair, if Mr 0 had won the 94 title, while in the entire season managed to beat MS only twice (British and Japanese GP)?
I still can't understand why so many of you,Ferrari fans according what you say,have such bitterness, disregard or even hate for the man who put you out of your misery.
And anyway we are leaving in 2006 not in the 60s.The official name for Ferrari is Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro.First class drivers have very expensive contracts and their employers are demanding results.Otherwise you are finished.If you don't like that crap, then stop watching this stupid series,from which Ferrari, as a brand name, has nothing to gain.
By the way can you recall the 1979 French GP?The fight between Arnoux and Gilles was pretty exciting for the spectators, but the way one hit and push the other in every corner, was stupid and dangerous for their lives (it doesn't matter whether or not these moves were a violation of sporting spirit).

·
Registered
244 Posts
In 1982 the turbos, and in particular the Ferraris and Renaults, should have reigned supreme. But the turbos, especially the fast Renaults, fell apart at the slightest excuse and the Ferraris still had the aerodynamics of a table on wheels. The BMW turbo also wasn't perfect.
Six Cosworth drivers were competitive enough to pick up the pieces, being Niki Lauda, Riccardo Patrese, John Watson, Elio De Angelis, Keke Rosberg and Michele Alboreto.
There was no monopoly of success in 1982 and Rosberg was the best of the Cosworth DFV(!) drivers and the fiery Finn could take the physical punishments of a ground effects car.
Keke was indeed very brave and in 1983 Keke was sensational in Spa and absolutly on the
limit at Eau Rouge.The only Cosworth driver to challenge the turbos. Great stuff.

You cannot compair modern F1 with GP racing. 1982 was the end of a motorracing era and
the beginning of a new one after the FOCA-FISA war had just ended (well, not completly..).

Schumacher is the best F1 driver of his generation.Nothing more and nothing less.

241 - 260 of 520 Posts