Alfa Romeo Forums banner

181 - 200 of 520 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
CarlosSpider said:
Sorry, the word in english is SPANISH, and there was 3 stewards (from UK, Monaco and Spain).

Alonso has the best car? And Fisichella?

Schumaker don´t win now because Alonso has de best car? And the Ferrari in the last 6 years? Wasn´t it the best car? Always the same history. Schumi the best driver and the others has the best car (poor publicity for Ferrari)

Alonso do a idiot dance … is true, but the drivers who wear like superman?

I am from Spain but not an Alonso fan. …. But also think that NOW he is the best driver.

I see that here there are a lot of tifosis. But the most common opinion among the drivers is that the schumaker action is a cheat and that such behaviour would not be tolerated.

The decision was based on the data about that last lap that revealed that Schumacher had lost time in the middle sector of his last lap and arrived at Rascasse at a speed that was little if any different from his previous fast lap. Schumacher then braked heavily and locked up the front wheels..
Dear Carlos
You will not gonna see those stewards in the future.
As a Ferrari and Schumacher fan i never claimed that Alonso won the WC just because he run the most competitive car, although I would like to see his performance in a less competitive one.I 've posted elsewhere that Alonso is a charismatic and skillfull driver and he deserved the WC.But the question, if he is the best driver on the grid right now, has no meaning to me.Only history, at the end of his career will answer that question.And that is something for which i have serious doubts.He is also arrogant and has a bigger mouth than what his short presence and achievements in F1 would suggest.Is there any need to remind you how many world champions were "passed by" history, and nobody remember them as great drivers?Damon Hill is the most recent example.And sooner or later JV will have the same fate.
The thing i appreciate most to Schumacher's career is his ability to be on top even when his car is not the best on the grid.Just remember his 1994,2000,2001,2003 world titles.Were all these cars (Benetton Ford,Ferrari F1 2000,F2001 and F2003 GA) far ahead of the opposition?Or some of them like the F2003GA were problematic and perverse.Remember that he claimed the 97and 98 title to the last race with the highly uncompetitive F310B and F300.
As for his competitors opinion on Monaco's incident i don't give a ****.They can't be objectives as most of them lived in Schumacher's shadow.

·
Registered
216 Posts
In spanish we say “dale tiempo al tiempo” (something like “ give time to the time”). If the history will answer if Alonso is the best … only a very good driver or a “anonymous champion” , nobody knows. We only can speak about present, and now –at the present- is the best, the most intelligent, cold and calculating mind.

Arrogant? This Word was created thinking in MS.

·
Registered
91 Posts
GTV116,

You will not gonna see those stewards in the future.
Tony Scott-Andrews is the permanent chief steward, so you better get used to it.

F2003GA were problematic and perverse.
Oh, yeah. That old pervert 2003GA...

P.s. Still, haven´t met a person with any racing experience who can give me a benign explanation to that last left jab away from the turn MS did, considering that the rear of the car was not sliding.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Finlandese... Well... I'm not an F1 driver, or had any other professional drives for that matter. But... I did race Shifter Karts for 11 years and on the national level for about 5 years and had the opportunity to race and or "Friday Practice" with the likes of Paul Tracy, AJ Almandinger, Scott Speed, to name a few. I have a fairly good idea of how to approach a double apex turn and of the limits of variable lines through these turns. In the most basic terms, THese variable lines often depend on the length of the sraight that approaches the turn or of that at the exit of the turn. These differences in length will determine if a driver want to sacrifice the exit in order to carry his speed as long as possible into the turn, or... to come in to the corner slow in order to have a good exit for the long straight that follows. The line that Michael followed during the incident in question does not make sence in either of these cases. For him to come into a double apex turn and be so close to the guardrail while between the two apexes would require him to come in slow and wide so he could really square off the entry at the first apex. The approach he then had at the second apex makes that corner almost impossible unless he hits the throttle hard to kick the back end around... most definately giving him next to no exit speed. I'm not sure why 116 posted those pictures because if you have racing experience, these prove the point that Micheal REALLY screwed up. It is almost as if he had a momentary laps and forgot where on the track he was.?.? If not on purpose.?.? This is just an opinion based on my limited experience. I'm open tho hear others with more experience.
Sprintn

·
Registered
91 Posts
Sprintn,

I agree with everything you say. And all of that happened before he did that strange jab away from th apex..

Makes you wonder. Either a mechnical problem or... I have formed an opinion of my own, which you guys can probably guess..

·
Registered
454 Posts
Finlandese said:
GTV116,

Tony Scott-Andrews is the permanent chief steward, so you better get used to it.

Oh, yeah. That old pervert 2003GA...

P.s. Still, haven´t met a person with any racing experience who can give me a benign explanation to that last left jab away from the turn MS did, considering that the rear of the car was not sliding.
What i am saying is information from a Maranello insider.And there is still a lot of things to see.Be patient!
And yes F2003GA was a disanvantaged car in terms of design, due to its lwb.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Kind of strange MS did that. He might need those points he threw away. I'm sure he did it on purpose. Did you guys see the after Qually interviews? He was un-shumi sheepish and guilt was written all over his face. It's not like MS has never tryed to punt anyone off the track before. Time for MS to retire at the end of the year. Yes, he's one of the greatest "drivers". Not sportsman. Good riddance.

Dave

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
I also remember him saying in the post quali interview something to the effect that he was not sure of the corner in which the insident took place ("... not sure of the corner... Rasscasse.?.?) .?.? How many times now has Michael driven this course??? This goes to show that it may have been a momentary laps of where he was on the course.?.? A driver like Senna and Micheal can give unbelievable descriptions of the track and the surroundings after they drive around only once... yet Michael questioned the corner he was at. Very odd.
Weather on purpose or by accident... it was a mistake that ruined others chances at pole. One should not be able to bennifit from these types of mistakes. IMHO :)

·
Registered
172 Posts
I RACED for ten years (at a small level) and cannot understand how it was possible to have such a crash !i work on racing cars until 25 years and do not see how it was possible without wanting it , i saw the crash at least ten times and for me it's absolioutly obvious ,that its cheat and nothing more , we can see that the car is not over steering and ms under steer (with the steering weel )2 times , more than very very strange . A BIGINER would not had made this mistake . ANYWAY for me it's a great driver and a great cheater , as there is more people of the 2 category ,i will try to retain only the first ! why not a valentino rossi in formula one , a pleasant guy and the best motorcycle driver i have ever seen , that the proof that it's possible to be both in mecanical sports .

·
Registered
172 Posts
Sprintn said:
Finlandese... Well... I'm not an F1 driver, or had any other professional drives for that matter. But... I did race Shifter Karts for 11 years and on the national level for about 5 years and had the opportunity to race and or "Friday Practice" with the likes of Paul Tracy, AJ Almandinger, Scott Speed, to name a few. I have a fairly good idea of how to approach a double apex turn and of the limits of variable lines through these turns. In the most basic terms, THese variable lines often depend on the length of the sraight that approaches the turn or of that at the exit of the turn. These differences in length will determine if a driver want to sacrifice the exit in order to carry his speed as long as possible into the turn, or... to come in to the corner slow in order to have a good exit for the long straight that follows. The line that Michael followed during the incident in question does not make sence in either of these cases. For him to come into a double apex turn and be so close to the guardrail while between the two apexes would require him to come in slow and wide so he could really square off the entry at the first apex. The approach he then had at the second apex makes that corner almost impossible unless he hits the throttle hard to kick the back end around... most definately giving him next to no exit speed. I'm not sure why 116 posted those pictures because if you have racing experience, these prove the point that Micheal REALLY screwed up. It is almost as if he had a momentary laps and forgot where on the track he was.?.? If not on purpose.?.? This is just an opinion based on my limited experience. I'm open tho hear others with more experience.
Sprintn
MY ENGLISH is far from your's but i totaly agree with you . IT DOES NOT MATER with the fact that you love ferrari or ms or whatever you want
it's just obvious for people who knows what is driving on a track ,even
just for the fun .

·
Registered
862 Posts
scorpion1 said:
Kind of strange MS did that. He might need those points he threw away. I'm sure he did it on purpose. Did you guys see the after Qually interviews? He was un-shumi sheepish and guilt was written all over his face. It's not like MS has never tryed to punt anyone off the track before. Time for MS to retire at the end of the year. Yes, he's one of the greatest "drivers". Not sportsman. Good riddance.

Dave
Dave Dave Dave not a sportsman so who is? How do you achieve greatness without such a thirst for winning? Driving on the edge all the time? Time for him to retire your insane!!! Why would he retire has he slowed down? Has he not been one of the best drivers? I think he's got a few more years to go at least I hope so. I doubt that you will see another shumi in your lifetime or mine. Anyway I'm no expert of racing and I really don't care if it was intentional or not. Just hand over the championship to Alonso now because thats what the big boys want anyway. In my opinion there are few people like MS and again I'm thrilled he drives a Ferrari!! I wouldn't have it any other way. So I hope we move on and watch a master give a good *** kicken in the following races. Maybe a little rain is in order to see what a real driver MS is and how the rest of the field isn't as good. Seven time champion most poles etc...fastest laps Also one of the best people to listen to who makes sense.:p

·
Registered
862 Posts
CarlosSpider said:
In spanish we say “dale tiempo al tiempo” (something like “ give time to the time”). If the history will answer if Alonso is the best … only a very good driver or a “anonymous champion” , nobody knows. We only can speak about present, and now –at the present- is the best, the most intelligent, cold and calculating mind.

Arrogant? This Word was created thinking in MS.
Wins one Championship maybe two as far as I'm concerned he was given the one last year. Mechanical failure of the Ice Mans car. The best this year hmmm is he the best or is the car the best? I belive in his case the car is better than his talent. Put MS in the Beneton and bye bye Alonso....But it still yearly and Alonso will go to another team next year and Shumi and Kimi will be hard to beat. I agree with give time to time but I don't think Alonso will be anywhere close to MS. I wouldn't even compare the two.

Let it rain so we can see Alonso be what he is good but not as good.

Rain dance started for Britain!!!

·
Registered
454 Posts
Finlandese said:
Why bother..

GTV116

Tony Scott-Andrews is British. Or maybe we should start to call him El Tony Scott-Andrews..

The decision was taken by the following stewards:
Joaquin Verdegay de la Vega from Spain (intentional error)
Tony Scott-Andrews from GB(intentional error)
Christian Calmes from Monaco (not intentional error).

·
Registered
11,661 Posts
ALFA-75-MAN said:
Wins one Championship maybe two as far as I'm concerned he was given the one last year. Mechanical failure of the Ice Mans car. The best this year hmmm is he the best or is the car the best? I belive in his case the car is better than his talent. Put MS in the Beneton and bye bye Alonso....But it still yearly and Alonso will go to another team next year and Shumi and Kimi will be hard to beat. I agree with give time to time but I don't think Alonso will be anywhere close to MS. I wouldn't even compare the two.

Let it rain so we can see Alonso be what he is good but not as good.

Rain dance started for Britain!!!
I used to think that ... but Alonso is smart and has driven very well to bag his WC, and is again doing so this year.

At Suzuka we saw that he has big balls too ...

MS's good days were the late 90's ... since then he had the BEST car and simply racked up many WC's ... so you cannot use the best car angle.

I have always found it disappointing that MS needed team rules, as he didn't need to slow Irvine and Barrichello as he is miles faster ... and this cheating, simply shows he is not as confident as he outwardly makes out. So he himself does not think he is that much better than Alonso and Kimi ... otherwise why does he feel the need to cheat? And the Ferrari this year is a good car compared to the Renault and McLaren ...

Pete

·
Registered
244 Posts
Schumacher did win in 1994 but the new regulations had a part to play. While other teams found it hard to pen a car without traction control, active suspension, and all the other gizmos, a back-to-basics approach was exactly what Benetton and Cosworth needed. Does anyone remember
teams like Tyrrell finishing on the podium? Schumacher deserved to win in 1994.

Benetton gave him a fast and realiable car and he could display his talents. Not so different
for Alonso when Renault made the most of the new regulations.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Here is a proof of how Schumacher's "intentional error" did spoil Alonso's fast lap.Ferrari is stopped at least two meters of the racing line.As for Alonso, take another look to his fast lap, and you will realise that he didn't reduce his rhythm as he didn't brake his car,ignoring the yellow flags.
How many of you have ever been to "Rascasse" curve.30 km/h is a very high speed for that particular curve.And F1 cars turn that curve on 60-70 km/h!!Michael had to deal with a violent understeer, which was the final stage of a driving error. And that's the reason for his moves on the wheel (trying to avoid the collision).But as the car seems to move with so "low speed" (which in reality is the highest possible for that particular curve)the whole thing looks intentional and rediculous.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
GTV116... I have to disagree with you. When a driver sees yellow flags but can't see what exactly it is around the blind corner, Only to see the back end of a car parked just off of what is already a very narrow racing line, this is enough to mess with his consentration, if only ever so slightly. Telemetry may not show it, but I'm sure Alonso's seat of the pants feel for the car was, at least, slightly disrupted.

181 - 200 of 520 Posts