Registered
8,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Forgive me, for I have sinned yet again:devil2:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
15,881 Posts
Nice looking car, although a little too much red IMO.

·
Premium Member
27,009 Posts
Will we see it Saturday? Tell me again what you gave up for Lent?

·
Registered
8,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You'll not see it Sat, Steve. It's in Anacortes, WA. Alpaca Mike went to look at it and did the deal for me:)
No mooching since I left New Zealand, at least no Alfa mooching, at least not yet:)
The sin is that I now own 5 Alfas and Sharon doesn't know about this one and it's not going to be a pleasant conversation:(
I'm not sure...But honey, I got it for your birthday...is going to work:)

·
Premium Member
15,881 Posts
Uh, Richard, think maybe you might have an affliction?

Control thyself, lol!

·
Premium Member
15,881 Posts
Hah, so am I, but still... :wink2:

Barb knows that if we had more garage space, we would have more. Then I mention that we could rent a space or two, and she reaches for the gun...

·
Registered
8,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So, I broke the news tonight. 3 things Sharon likes...Hockey, a good time and a bargain. There happened to be a Tampa Bay-Montreal game tonight. We went to the bar. She was enjoying the game and finished her 1st drink. During the 2nd and 3rd periods I told her what a great bargain I got...25% off! She started guessing on what and hit it on the 3rd guess. Things went down hill from there, but not to bad. I had to promise to take dancing lessons:( I hate dancing.

·
Registered
8,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So, Del...it might be worth the chance. If she hasn't practice for a while, she might miss:)

·
Premium Member
15,881 Posts
Nah, I keep the ammo hidden. Of course, she might grab the samurai sword in the closet...

Actually, three is good enough for me, as I would have no time to keep 4 or more running and looking the way I like.

Of course, I sure wouldn't mind a nice restored 67 Giulia Super... one of my favs.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Uh, Richard, think maybe you might have an affliction?

Control thyself, lol!

It's correctly spelled with two "d's" and no "L".

A friend of mine hypothesized that Alfa Romeo has a product finishing department different from other manufacturers: instead of a team of detailers checking for flaws to correct before the new vehicle is released from the factory for shipping a few guys using their connections dust the steering wheel with narcotics. The drivers loading the transporters wear gloves.

·
Premium Member
15,881 Posts
No, actually, I think I got it right. I was thinking of what his wife would do to him, judging by the definition of the word. And I am somewhat envious, lol.

She seems to be much more forgiving than my wife, though. Pretty nice gal.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Asking permission never works... Begging foregiveness after the fact works better.

·
Premium Member
15,881 Posts
Yeah, that's how I sold my first alfa, the 64 Sprint GT. The guy who bought it hadn't told his wife, and was taking her out to wine and dine her first before he told her. We went out to wine and dine to celebrate selling the car, and lo and behold, we all accidentally ended up at the same restaurant downtown. WE walked in to the bar area, and there they were. He hadn't told her yet, and when we walked up and said, hi there, celebrating your buying our Alfa? His wife said, hey, what? and he was practically bouncing up and down trying to shoo us out of sight.

This was the same guy for whom we later bought "braino's" 1300 Junior Zagato for in Scotland in 1975 that he (braino) later bought and is restoring. This guy not braino) wanted a ride down to Vancouver, Wa to pick the Z up after it had been shipped from Antwerp, Belgium. As we were driving down there, we innocently asked him if he had heard anything about the 1600 Junior Z we left his phone number on in Luxembourg. His wife who was along almost blew up, demanding to know about the NEW Luxembourg Alfa.

The guy was always buying Alfas without telling his wife. As I remember, she was not the forgiving type. We could never figure out how he stayed alive, lol.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts