1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Awesome interior, but $2000 starting bid just for seats? ;)

·
Premium Member
15,886 Posts
Also keep in mind that at least a few people with short legs don't fit in them. Be sure to try a set out to find out for sure. I tried a set in an S, and I couldn't make them work, the backs of my shins hit the front of the retracted cushion. Pretty uncomfortable after a short drive. would have to use a back pillow. The regular OEM S seats, however, are just fine.

I'm sure these seats are a fine addition for taller people.

BTW, out of curiosity, what is wrong with the LS?

·
Registered
5,493 Posts
It's karl robrocks car and I doubt there is anything wrong with it other than clear coat failure. Make him an offer on the car!

·
Premium Member
15,886 Posts
And he wants to part it out! Tsk.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
That's what I paid for my Recaros, but then again they came wrapped in a '91 Alfa 164S.

The seats are in my LS.

The 164S is still in my driveway, as it and I got overtaken by winter.

·
Registered
5,493 Posts
I repeat -- make him an offer on the car! He's so into alfas and wants to keep em on the road-- Ive known Karl a long time and he is genuine

·
Premium Member
15,886 Posts
Alas, I cannot myself, as I've been told that I already have my quota, lol. I don't doubt your word, though.

·
Premium Member
15,886 Posts
Oh, yeah, like that would work. Remember, Barb does the books, investments, and taxes, so she knows all about where every penny goes. I'd owe a whole lot more than flowers and dancing lessons.

I'd say you got off really pretty easy.

·
Registered
5,493 Posts
No slush fund? No mad money??? I could make the buy, but no way I could keep it quiet with insurance, storage etc-- the first few grand is no problem to swing, but then the reality sets in......

That's why cars are tough. Stereos and watches and cameras and TOOLS?? Pretty easy on the QT!!

·
Premium Member
15,886 Posts
Oh, I could easily make the buy, but Barb would have to agree to it, and since we already have a nice LS, S, and Milano, ain't going to happen. Maybe another Alfa of some sort... ?

We made an agreement when we got married that we would have everything joint, and make no QT purchases over a couple of hundred bucks. Doesn't mean we can't make big purchases, but we have to talk about it and agree.

Has kept the peace for 38 years so far.

Tools, not much problem, as she does understand that, lol!

And, for sure, I do not fit those particular seats at all, and I don't like the OEM LS seats that much either. That's why I have a full set of S seats in my LS.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts