Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alfa Romeo Spider & GTV Nitros Manifold
This guy was a lot of crazy/great things.

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Way back in the day I was at Rex Chalmers' Omega Motorsports and he showed me a two liter block with a big squarish hole in one side. His one-word explanation was "nitrous." I think "short-term" is the correct description.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Alfa Romeo Spider & GTV Nitros Manifold
This guy was a lot of crazy/great things.

Tempting. I've got a turbo 2L....already 240hp, but Tim the Toolman would approve of More Power.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Way back in the day I was at Rex Chalmers' Omega Motorsports and he showed me a two liter block with a big squarish hole in one side. His one-word explanation was "nitrous." I think "short-term" is the correct description.
Nitrous can be reliable (even in an Alfa motor as long as you don't use too much), but you'd need very careful tuning. If you just throw nitrous at it without any more fuel, you are going to go way lean. No surprise a motor would go boom if all they did is add the nitrous and hit the go pedal. Just about any motor will.

You don't really need a special manifold for nitrous. Easy enough to tap a port into your manifold to inject it. But it still doesn't make that much sense. Nitrous really only makes sense on a drag car, and Alfas make terrible platforms for drag cars. You are far better off with a turbo or supercharger if you are looking for more juice.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts