Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just came across this place in Livermore, CA (East San Francisco Bay Area):

http://www.fuelinjectioncorp.com

They test/rebuild fuel pumps, fuel injectors, Mass Airflow Meters, and ECMs. The guy just quoted me $45 per injector for fuel injection testing and cleaning, which seems reasonable to me, but then again, he's only a 45 minute drive from me... so *shrug*. :)

It's family owned and the guy on the phone was really cool, and seemingly quite knowledgeable. He was familiar with the Alfa Bosch L-Jet setup. I'll be taking my business his way for sure! :)

·
Administrator
16,623 Posts
Good find. However, it is my understanding (which is not saying a lot...) that the injectors in L-jet Spiders are NOT 'rebuildable' as none of the internal components are replaceable. They can be cleaned, the screens & external O-rings replaced but the coil (which is what typically fails) and internal seals cannot be accessed without destroying the injector.

I've used Cruzin Performance for injector cleaning with good results. $16.00/injector.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No problem! I came across through series of calling around trying to find a place that's familiar with these specific units. Yes, I should have been more specific about the injectors not being rebuildable. I know this, but was excited about the find, and didn't proofread my post enough. :)

The awesome part is they don't find you a "good used" ecm... they *fix* and *test* them... yay! :D

Not that I need it now, but it's nice to know it's there if we need it.

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
$45/injector is pretty high, I've also used Cruzin' Performance at $16/per with good results. One of my injectors was bad so I sent him another to use in its place and he didn't even charge me for working on the bad one.

Kevin

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Most useful posting I've seen in months! Thanks for the information for Cruzinperformance and fuelinjectioncorp!

Duke

1 - 6 of 6 Posts