Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Hey its JJ from Texas. and Socal. Remember me. I know if you owned that car that its the car to buy it too bad im overflowing with cars at the moment or I would buy it. Talk later. Jeff Johnson....

S

·
0 Posts
If this GTV-6 lasts 24 hours on the open market I'll be stunned. One of the most rewarding elements of owning a GTV-6 is personalizing it with a myriad of available aesthetic choices, and this GTV-6 is the perfect blank pallete from which to create a work of art.

What more could someone ask for? The mechanics are ALL there. I hope someone will buy this and show us what can be done with a little imagination. In a matter of a few short months, this can be one of the finest examples out there. This one is going to go to someone who is either very lucky, very smart or both.

Good luck with the sale.

David B.
1986 GTV-6 2.8 GS
(Black-62k)

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Mike,
We are in Sapulpa Oklahoma just outside Tulsa. We moved up from Tulsa earlier this year. The car was repainted in the original factory color a few years ago. The color is Nero which is a very dark grey. The original paint code sticker is still in place in the trunk. It has only been repainted once. The paint has faded, it should be a bit darker. You can see pictures of how it looked when the paint was shiny on the GTV6 section of my site.

The brackets and plumbing have been removed. It's really best to upgrade to a Milano A/C compressor anyway and the plumbing would be too old. If you want A/C I suggest getting a complete set up from APE with a Milano compressor and the needed brackets. Then you will have an A/C system that actually cools down the car on really hot days.

S

·
0 Posts
Has anyone had the good sense to buy this GTV-6 yet?

Just curious.

David

·
Registered
385 Posts
Congratulations to whomever got this one.

What a wonderful car! If I were in the position for a GTV6, it would have been this one.

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I actually got a few calls today from people that were just a little too slow on the trigger. In any case, it sounds like the car is going to a good home. I have an emotional attachment to this car, so that's important to me.

I went out and adjusted the idle mixture and idle speed to get it right on spec for the new owner. I forgot to do that before when I removed the supercharger. I then took the car out for a nice fast drive, lots of fun!

·
Registered
737 Posts
Car drove very well the 1800 miles back to Reno. Greg sure had the car setup. No problem with smog test in Nevada.

I did paint it Viper Blue and put on some new Ronal wheels. Not your typical 25 year old Alfa look but a more updated look. I'm going to put two white racing stripes on the hood and over the back. I'll post the finished look when it gets done. Roll bar and race seat for SCCA time trials will be added this winter.

Greg, his dad, and Misty have a very nice setup there in Tulsa. They're currently working on several supercharging setups on GTV6's plus the Spider. If you have a spare $4k, and have the need for speed, you have to talk with Greg.

Attachments

S

·
0 Posts
That is TOTALLY awesome, man. It looks fantastic.

Congrats (on a great buy!)!

David
'86 GTV-6
Black-62k

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Wow, I have never seen a GTV6 that color. The combination of paint and wheels has really transformed the look of the car. It looks modern and aggressive. It's such a new look and a rare color on these cars I think you should put these pictures in the GTV6 forum because few will see them in this section.

I am glad it passed the smog check. I figured it would, but I was a little worried it might need a new converter. That converter probably has 270k miles on it.

Have fun on the track and in the mountain passes in the Tahoe area.

Greg Gordon,
hiperformancestore

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
What were you thinking with painting the GAS CAP! The door handles! The black trim! Jeez.....that'll last like 2 weeks before it starts looking ghetto.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts