Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have GTV 69 plates on my project (can be seen in other thread) and would like to know if they are worth anything to anyone?

I would much prefer the money than these plates (not that I dont like them, I just dont need them). What kind of process do I have to go through when selling these plates and them getting new ones (bear in mind I do have to get the car re-certified).

If someone knows the cost of getting new plates and all other relevant work can you tell me?

These GTV 69 plates are for sale (photos in other thread). Make me an offer.

Thanks

·
Registered
158 Posts
:confused:Try looking at the personalised plates FAQ Frequently Asked Questions - Personalised Plates New Zealand for info.

I believe (and others please advise or correct me - as I'm in a similar position) the plates are registered to a vehicle but still privately 'owned' (an "Entitled to receive the plate"). This means that the the previous owner still has ENTITLEMENT of the plate (technically the plates are owned by the government/ NZTA?), sSo you can't actually sell them as they're not officially yours to sell. But as you bought them with the car you have the legal rights to them, but will still need to get them tranferred to your name. (this is similar to buying a car but it's not yours until the ownership is officially transferred).

The "transfer of entitlement" form is here abouts;
http://www.plates.co.nz/pdfs/right_to_receive_transfer.pdf
or
Licensys Internet > Home

You and the previous owner need to fill in this form and send it through.

My position - I've a deregistered vehilcle and have bought a personalised plate, but I first have to get the car registered with 'standard' plates then apply for the personalised plates to be registered against it... I can't even have the plates made until the car is licensed and registered..

I'm not sure of the registration costs are (try VTNZ $450 assessment inspection & $250 for new plates and 6 mths Licence fee) but general details;
How to register your vehicle | NZ Transport Agency

But restoring the car will give you plenty of time to sort this all out....

Cheers

·
Registered
158 Posts
You should look on trademe for the 1 1/2 gtv's currently on sale in CHCH. If nothing else you'll have a good supply of spare parts for yours. There's more than it's current bid in lights and glass alone

1 - 4 of 4 Posts